Direction controls and style buttons

Mauro Vignati-2
Hi all,
I have two more introduction questions (sorry, I try to learn).

The first one: I know how to have the zoom control but I do not know how to have the "direction" control. I mean, like in openstreetmap, the 4 buttons to go south, north, west and east. I know that this is possible, because I found on the web-maps.lite.css the following rules:

.wml-button-north {
    background: url(../images/go-north.png);
    top: 0;
    left: 10px;
}
.wml-button-west {
    background: url(../images/go-west.png);
    top: 20px;
    left: 0;
}
.wml-button-east {
    background: url(../images/go-east.png);
    top: 20px;
    left: 20px;
}
.wml-button-south {
    background: url(../images/go-south.png);
    top: 40px;
    left: 10px;
}

But in the API description I did not find it:
CM.LargeMapControl, CM.SmallMapControl, CM.ScaleControl, CM.TileLayerControl, CM.PermalinkControl, CM.OverviewMapControl

The second question is: I changed the map controls button (see http://vignati.ch/map/) to use custom png images. To do this, I have rewritten the CSS rules into my CSS file, putting the "!important" comment to overwrite the precedent rule (in web-maps.lite.css). I think this is a tricky and dirty way to do the job. Is there a cleaner and more elegant way?

Many many thanks for your help
Mauro