Disappearing Capital City Trail

Neil Penman
The Melbourne capital city trail disappeared sometime in the last week.  This was the relation that was used by the cycle map.   Anybody know what happened to it?

http://www.opencyclemap.org/?zoom=16&lat=-37.77886&lon=144.9586&layers=B000

Last week it was almost complete with one section around Rushall railway station missing.

Neil Penman

Re: Disappearing Capital City Trail

Darrin Smith
On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 10:54:46 +1100
Luke Woolley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I had noticed that the relations had simply disappeared too, along
> with the Yarra River Trail. There is no history of the relations
> being wiped as far as I can see, so they will have to be added again
> manually.
>
> On 19/10/2008, at 9:51 AM, Neil Penman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > The Melbourne capital city trail disappeared sometime in the last
> > week.  This was the relation that was used by the cycle map.
> > Anybody know what happened to it?
> >
> > http://www.opencyclemap.org/?zoom=16&lat=-37.77886&lon=144.9586&layers=B000
> >
> > Last week it was almost complete with one section around Rushall
> > railway station missing.

I've noticed a few relations around the place in SA losing various
entries. My current theory is that people are either using an editor
that's out of date which is somehow stripping the relation data, or
they're seeing the relation data and removing it for some obscure
reason. I think the first is more likely. I suspect you might find
those relations sitting in the OSM DB with no members attached if you
could work out a way to reference them..

--

=b

Re: Disappearing Capital City Trail

Neil Penman
Hopefully when history is added to JOSM it will be able to track deleted and modified relations.  For the moment I will just add them back in.