Dispute on tagging place=* in Turkmenistan

Dispute on tagging place=* in Turkmenistan – Looking for some guidance here from the tagging experts. Please see the dispute section on the Turkmenistan wiki discussion page https://wiki.o...
sent from a phone > On 2. Jan 2019, at 00:44, Allan Mustard <allan@...> wrote: > > What do you think? I have never understood...
Not according to the wiki. It seems nodes are the accepted way of identifying a settlement, municipal or otherwise. On Tue, Jan 1, 2019 at 7:...
At the danger of throwing a spanner in the works (or better sabots :-)): there is an ongoing discussion on place mapping. Mainly taking place he...
On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 11:39 AM Simon Poole <simon@...> wrote: > In any case, on your original question, I would tend towards a national ...
Am 02.01.2019 um 19:01 schrieb Kevin Kenny: > On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 11:39 AM Simon Poole <simon@...> wrote: >> In any case, on...
On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 6:22 AM Simon Poole <simon@...> wrote: > The weird thing is the mixing of place and administrative entities which ...
> “We made up a sui generis admin_level=3 for New York City.” Ha! Not a bad idea for NY/NJ/Connecticut But I think you mean admin_level=5...
On Fri, Jan 4, 2019, 20:25 Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg@... wrote: > > “We made up a sui generis admin_level=3 for New York Cit...
On Tue, Jan 1, 2019 at 7:11 PM Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist@...> wrote: > I have never understood why people wanted to add place tag...
sent from a phone On 2. Jan 2019, at 01:18, Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.kenny@...> wrote: >> I have never understood why people wanted to...
On Tue, Jan 1, 2019 at 6:46 PM Allan Mustard <allan@...> wrote: > > Looking for some guidance here from the tagging experts. Please s...
sent from a phone > On 2. Jan 2019, at 01:11, Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.kenny@...> wrote: > > I understand that the UK is an excepti...
sent from a phone > On 2. Jan 2019, at 01:11, Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.kenny@...> wrote: > > but legal status is usually a rather &...
Those municipalities are relations of type=boundary and boundary=administrative with an appropriate admin_level, no? These are different from ...
Very interesting. In the Turkmen case, the classifications are defined in law and involve both size (though population data are secret) and type...
On Wed, 2 Jan 2019 at 02:19, Allan Mustard <allan@...> wrote: > Very interesting. In the Turkmen case, the classifications are define...
In OSM a neighborhood is a named part of a larger settlement, usually a town or suburb or city, though in Indonesia some “desa” (villages) consis...
By that definition, then, calling an autonomous village with its own council a "neighbourhood" would be erroneous, correct? On Tue, ...
It depends on if it is part of a continuous urban settlement or not. I use “suburb” and “neighborhood” for places that are considered to be par...
I put some examples in the table located here: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Turkmenistan#Administrative_Structure On Tue, Jan 1, 2019 a...
> > I suspect this sort of classification can work even in places that do not > have good population figures available, like where I ma...
On Wed, 2 Jan 2019 at 10:32, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg@...> wrote: > > But in a densely populated region, like Java (whe...
That’s the American million, you remove 3 zeros from the British version, right? Like how a trillion is a billion? Something like that. :-) http...
Le 02.01.19 à 00:44, Allan Mustard a écrit : > Looking for some guidance here from the tagging experts.  Please see the > dispute section...