Dividing houses

Oliver Raupach
Hi,

I have the following technical question: Houses were often drawn as a
big long block. In reality, there are however a number of individual
houses. Is there a way to quickly cut up these large blocks into small
blocks? Right now my workflow is a bit more complicated here. I add a
new point - split the line - draw the dividing line - delete the help
points. Or I draw everything new....

--

   Oliver Raupach

Re: Dividing houses

Petr Dlouhý
There is such a tool in plugin Czechadress.

> Od: Oliver Raupach <[hidden email]>
> Předmět: [josm-dev] Dividing houses
> Datum: 12.1.2012 11:47:55
> Hi,
>
> I have the following technical question: Houses were often drawn as a
> big long block. In reality, there are however a number of individual
> houses. Is there a way to quickly cut up these large blocks into small
> blocks? Right now my workflow is a bit more complicated here. I add a
> new point - split the line - draw the dividing line - delete the help
> points. Or I draw everything new....
>
> --
>
>    Oliver Raupach

Petr Dlouhý

Re: Dividing houses

Jo-2
I made a little video of a possibility involving 2 plugins:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igxrYuMfYC8&list=UUilUZ5zBmV7Z8KBHr_Z934g&index=6&feature=plcp

Polyglot

2012/1/12 Oliver Raupach <[hidden email]>

> Hi,
>
> I have the following technical question: Houses were often drawn as a big
> long block. In reality, there are however a number of individual houses. Is
> there a way to quickly cut up these large blocks into small blocks? Right
> now my workflow is a bit more complicated here. I add a new point - split
> the line - draw the dividing line - delete the help points. Or I draw
> everything new....
>
> --
>
>  Oliver Raupach

Re: Dividing houses

David Groom
Never tried this plugin, but it might do what you want http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Plugins/Terracer

David

Re: Dividing houses

Holger Jeromin
Oliver Raupach schrieb am 12.01.2012 11:47:

> I have the following technical question: Houses were often drawn as a
> big long block. In reality, there are however a number of individual
> houses. Is there a way to quickly cut up these large blocks into small
> blocks? Right now my workflow is a bit more complicated here. I add a
> new point - split the line - draw the dividing line - delete the help
> points. Or I draw everything new....

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Plugins/utilsplugin2#Split_area_.28closed_way.29

is exactly what you want :-)

--
greetings
Holger

Re: Dividing houses

Frederik Ramm
Hi,

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 13:57:07 +0100

> > I have the following technical question: Houses were often drawn as
> > a big long block. In reality, there are however a number of
> > individual houses. Is there a way to quickly cut up these large
> > blocks into small blocks? Right now my workflow is a bit more
> > complicated here. I add a new point - split the line - draw the
> > dividing line - delete the help points. Or I draw everything new....
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Plugins/utilsplugin2#Split_area_.28closed_way.29
>
> is exactly what you want :-)

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Plugins/Terracer

Is even more exactly what he wants - it does more than two pieces, and
can automatically add house numbers even.

Bye
Frederik

Re: Dividing houses

colliar-3

Re: Dividing houses

Frederik Ramm
Hi,

On 01/16/2012 07:58 PM, colliar wrote:
> The only disadvantage is that it has several bugs and there seems noone
> really maintaining it.

I hear the source is available ;)

Bye
Frederik