Do I need to do the part about the server part in Debian ?

Do I need to do the part about the server part in Debian ?

shirish शिरीष
Hi all,
Please look at https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tiles@home/Install_Guide#Perl_modules
. There it says :-

Perl modules

Debian (minimal, server): apt-get install yaml-perl*

cpan -i Set::Object Math::Trig Math::Complex Math::Vec LWP::Simple URI
File::Copy GD AppConfig Error IPC::Run \
Class::Accessor Image::Magick HTML::Parser XML::Parser::PerlSAX
XML::XPath XML::Writer

Does this need to be done ? I am asking it as from what I
understand/understood the t@home runs as a mere client who takes the
job from the servers (similar in some ways to what the boinc client
does).

Looking forward to guidance on the same.
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com
065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17

Re: Do I need to do the part about the server part in Debian ?

shirish शिरीष
Addition at bottom :-

2011/11/5 shirish शिरीष <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all,
> Please look at https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tiles@home/Install_Guide#Perl_modules
> . There it says :-
>
> Perl modules
>
> Debian (minimal, server): apt-get install yaml-perl*
>
> cpan -i Set::Object Math::Trig Math::Complex Math::Vec LWP::Simple URI
> File::Copy GD AppConfig Error IPC::Run \
> Class::Accessor Image::Magick HTML::Parser XML::Parser::PerlSAX
> XML::XPath XML::Writer
>
> Does this need to be done ? I am asking it as from what I
> understand/understood the t@home runs as a mere client who takes the
> job from the servers (similar in some ways to what the boinc client
> does).
>
> Looking forward to guidance on the same.

I do not know much about perl but did add a bit about the package name
of the Perl packages which is in Debian i.e. libset-object-perl
although didn't know why it wasn't in the perl-modules thing (the
debian part).

Anyways for error the wiki says

Error (ppm install http://www.bribes.org/perl/ppm/Error.ppd)

Is it the same as libclass-errorhandler-perl ?

$ aptitude show libclass-errorhandler-perl
Package: libclass-errorhandler-perl
State: installed
Automatically installed: no
Version: 0.01-2
 Class::ErrorHandler provides an error-handling mechanism that's
generic enough to be used as the base class for a variety of OO
classes. Subclasses
 inherit its two error-handling methods, error and errstr, to
communicate error messages back to the calling program.

Tags: devel::debugger, devel::lang:perl, implemented-in::perl, role::shared-lib

If it is then one more thing that could be in the perl module thing.
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com
065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17

Re: Do I need to do the part about the server part in Debian ?

shirish शिरीष
at bottom :-

2011/11/5 shirish शिरीष <[hidden email]>:

> Addition at bottom :-
>
> 2011/11/5 shirish शिरीष <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi all,
>> Please look at https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tiles@home/Install_Guide#Perl_modules
>> . There it says :-
>>
>> Perl modules
>>
>> Debian (minimal, server): apt-get install yaml-perl*
>>
>> cpan -i Set::Object Math::Trig Math::Complex Math::Vec LWP::Simple URI
>> File::Copy GD AppConfig Error IPC::Run \
>> Class::Accessor Image::Magick HTML::Parser XML::Parser::PerlSAX
>> XML::XPath XML::Writer
>>
>> Does this need to be done ? I am asking it as from what I
>> understand/understood the t@home runs as a mere client who takes the
>> job from the servers (similar in some ways to what the boinc client
>> does).
>>
>> Looking forward to guidance on the same.
>
> I do not know much about perl but did add a bit about the package name
> of the Perl packages which is in Debian i.e. libset-object-perl
> although didn't know why it wasn't in the perl-modules thing (the
> debian part).
>
> Anyways for error the wiki says
>
> Error (ppm install http://www.bribes.org/perl/ppm/Error.ppd)
>
> Is it the same as libclass-errorhandler-perl ?
>
> $ aptitude show libclass-errorhandler-perl
> Package: libclass-errorhandler-perl
> State: installed
> Automatically installed: no
> Version: 0.01-2
>  Class::ErrorHandler provides an error-handling mechanism that's
> generic enough to be used as the base class for a variety of OO
> classes. Subclasses
>  inherit its two error-handling methods, error and errstr, to
> communicate error messages back to the calling program.
>
> Tags: devel::debugger, devel::lang:perl, implemented-in::perl, role::shared-lib
>
> If it is then one more thing that could be in the perl module thing.

please disregard the whole thread, I did the whole thing given at

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tiles@home/Install_Guide#Debian_4..2A_Etch.2C_5..2A_Lenny.2C_6..2A_Squeeze_.28stable.29_or_wheezy_.28unstable.29
as in

aptitude install xmlstarlet subversion libgd-gd2-perl libmath-vec-perl
inkscape \
pngcrush optipng zip libwww-perl pngnq imagemagick \
ttf-dejavu xfonts-thai ttf-indic-fonts libxml-writer-perl libset-object-perl \
libappconfig-perl libxml-xpath-perl libxml-perl libxml-sax-perl liberror-perl \
libipc-run-perl libclass-accessor-perl libmodule-pluggable-perl