Do you need more servers?

Svavar Kjarrval
Hi.

I was wondering, considering constant TRAPI, API and ROMA errors in the
t@h client, if you needed more server resources. I have a Linode
instance with lots of bandwidth I barely use which I can offer if you
need it (I've used 10 GB of the 400GB so far this month, for example).

Upgraded my home machine recently to 16GB RAM and it's badly utilized in
regards to t@h since most of the time goes into trying to retrieve work
instead of executing. Since I have these resources at hand, I figured I
could offer them in case you could use them.

With regards,
Svavar Kjarrval

Re: Do you need more servers?

spaetz
On Sun, 08 May 2011 16:02:18 +0000, Svavar Kjarrval <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I was wondering, considering constant TRAPI, API and ROMA errors in the
> t@h client, if you needed more server resources. I have a Linode
> instance with lots of bandwidth I barely use which I can offer if you
> need it (I've used 10 GB of the 400GB so far this month, for example).

Yes, AFAIK we are in dire need of more TRAPI/ROMA servers. It would be
much appreciated if you set up one.

I am sorry, I can't give you the instructions how though :-).

Sebastian

Re: Do you need more servers?

spaetz
> Could I=20
> get a rough idea of the requirements like hardware specs and bandwidth?

I have to defer those who actually create and run TRAPI/ROMA
instances. Anyone?

Sebastian

Re: Do you need more servers?

Andreas Gnau
On 09/05/11 13:09, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
>> Could I=20
>> get a rough idea of the requirements like hardware specs and bandwidth?
>
> I have to defer those who actually create and run TRAPI/ROMA
> instances. Anyone?

The wiki has some info: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Trapi
It also includes some contact information.

See also http://api1.osm.absolight.net/haproxy?stats for some statistics
on bandwidth.