Downlaoding OSM data with timestamp field and Source field

Downlaoding OSM data with timestamp field and Source field

Samuel Aiyeoribe-2
Hello HOTties,

I will like to know if there is a way to download osm data with "timestamp" and "Source" field (source field should be the OSM username of the person that digitise the feature into OSM.

I have tried QGIS osm download tool, HOT export tool, overpass turbo and InSAFE but couldn't retrieve any field with "timestamp"  and "source" information. Hopefully there is a trick i don't know about.

Cheers
Samuel

Samuel Aiyeoribe

Re: Downlaoding OSM data with timestamp field and Source field

Imre Samu
Hi  Samuel,

my tip for overpass-turbo:

you have to  add  "meta"  keyword to the "generated"  query :
"meta is the most complete mode. Beside child elements and tags, also the meta data (timestamp, version, changeset, user name and id) is printed:"
( see more:  http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Overpass_API/Language_Guide )

like:  http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/bwB  and you can export the data ...

my method:
- http://overpass-turbo.eu  + "Wizard" menu
- and added :        amenity=drinking_water  in "Nepal"
- press:  "build and run query"  ->  this result generate query, but without metadata ..
- on the code panel ( left ) find this lines :
// print results
out body;

- add a "meta" keyword !
// print results
out body meta;

- and re-"Run" again!   ( the result:    http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/bwB  )

be careful !!    The  metadata "user"  =  the user who last modified the object!!!
so on this object ( http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1743138335 )  the "version"=4     you  only see  the last user name!!!!
if you want to know the other 3 user,  you have to check the history:  http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1743138335/history

regards :)
 Imre

Hello HOTties,

I will like to know if there is a way to download osm data with "timestamp" and "Source" field (source field should be the OSM username of the person that digitise the feature into OSM.

I have tried QGIS osm download tool, HOT export tool, overpass turbo and InSAFE but couldn't retrieve any field with "timestamp"  and "source" information. Hopefully there is a trick i don't know about.

Cheers
Samuel

Samuel Aiyeoribe

Re: Downlaoding OSM data with timestamp field and Source field

Samuel Aiyeoribe-2
Thanks Imre and Giovanni,

Imre:

I have tried out your method on overpass and it work but the issue i am having has to do with the extent of the size of the data which makes the script to timeout.

When i tried extracting highway for the whole of Nigeria it timed out, i reduced it to a State it timed out too but when i reduced it to a lower geography it worked. I need the data for a larger geography, do you think if a have a faster internet the script can run before it timed out or do i try other browsers as i currently use chrome.

Will appreciate your advice.

Giovanni:

I can't figure out the api method, can you please explain better

Thanks
Samuel

Samuel Aiyeoribe

On Friday, 18 September 2015, 11:40, Imre Samu <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi  Samuel,

my tip for overpass-turbo:

you have to  add  "meta"  keyword to the "generated"  query :
"meta is the most complete mode. Beside child elements and tags, also the meta data (timestamp, version, changeset, user name and id) is printed:"
( see more:  http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Overpass_API/Language_Guide )

like:  http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/bwB  and you can export the data ...

my method:
- http://overpass-turbo.eu  + "Wizard" menu
- and added :        amenity=drinking_water  in "Nepal"
- press:  "build and run query"  ->  this result generate query, but without metadata ..
- on the code panel ( left ) find this lines :
// print results
out body;

- add a "meta" keyword !
// print results
out body meta;

- and re-"Run" again!   ( the result:    http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/bwB  )

be careful !!    The  metadata "user"  =  the user who last modified the object!!!
so on this object ( http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1743138335 )  the "version"=4     you  only see  the last user name!!!!
if you want to know the other 3 user,  you have to check the history:  http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1743138335/history

regards :)
 Imre

Hello HOTties,

I will like to know if there is a way to download osm data with "timestamp" and "Source" field (source field should be the OSM username of the person that digitise the feature into OSM.

I have tried QGIS osm download tool, HOT export tool, overpass turbo and InSAFE but couldn't retrieve any field with "timestamp"  and "source" information. Hopefully there is a trick i don't know about.

Cheers
Samuel

Samuel Aiyeoribe

Re: Downlaoding OSM data with timestamp field and Source field

Imre Samu
Hi Samuel,

>makes the script to timeout.

you can "tune" the overpass query a little, but sometimes the servers overcrowded ..
- On the script you can modify the timeout parameter
            [out:json][timeout:625];
- and you can modify the overpass-server to other  ( stronger or less crowded instance ) [  Settings / General settings /  Server: "http://overpass.osm.rambler.ru/cgi/" ]
(  http://overpass.osm.rambler.ru/cgi/  =  (8 cores, 64 GB RAM).   :  information: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Overpass_API  )

I have tried to load all higway tag from Nigeria , but probably this query  is to big   for overpass.. .

sometimes help - to   create a lot of smaller query -  like: You can create a query for  every  highway value.
*  highway=primary  in "Nigeria"”      ( timeout 425 , + meta ) ->   http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/bwK
*  highway=secondary  in "Nigeria"   ( timeout 425 , + meta ) ->   http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/bwL
*  ...

But if you want processing  "big" data , my prefered method ( on linux ) :
- downloading the raw data : http://download.geofabrik.de/africa/nigeria.html  ( nigeria-latest.osm.pbf, )
- and load with "osm2pgsql"  ( http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osm2pgsql )   to PostgreSQL    with ( --extra-attributes ) option.
    "To use the osm_user, osm_uid, osm_version, and osm_timestamp tags, you must use the osm2pgsql option --extra-attributes when importing."

Probably  this is working on windows - but I not tested ..  ( http://learnosm.org/en/osm-data/osm2pgsql/  )    .

cheers,
   Imre

[...]

This is really helpul Imre.....thanks a lot.

Cheers
Samuel

Samuel Aiyeoribe

Hi Samuel,