Draft proposal for Key:aerodrome

Draft proposal for Key:aerodrome – I've started a new proposal for Key:aerodrome. See https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Key:aerodrome This proposal uses aerodr...
On Tue, 10 Sep 2019 at 17:37, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg@...> wrote: > I've started a new proposal for Key:aerodrome. > ...
I believe we should tag passenger numbers a year. We would not have to tag all airports with this, especially for small airports these might be h...
On 10/09/2019 08:35, Joseph Eisenberg wrote: > It would deprecate aeroway=airstrip and aerodrome:type=* That seems like a bad idea because aer...
On Tue, 10 Sep 2019 at 20:24, Andy Townsend <ajt1047@...> wrote: > > That seems like a bad idea because aerodrome:type is one of t...
On 2019-09-11 09:05, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote: > On Tue, 10 Sep 2019 at 20:24, Andy Townsend <ajt1047@...> wrote: > >> Th...
> That seems like a bad idea because aerodrome:type is one of the ways > that mappers distinguish between military and non-military airfield...
On 10/09/2019 11:28, Joseph Eisenberg wrote: >> That seems like a bad idea because aerodrome:type is one of the ways >> that mappers d...
"you don't know if GA is supported or not." I'm not sure how to find this out. I mean, it's obvious enough when you go to a small aerod...
On 10 September 2019 08:35:42 BST, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg@...> wrote: >I've started a new proposal for Key:aerodrome. > ...
The tag aerodrome=international was meant for airports that have regularly scheduled commercial passenger flights to another country. On 9/10/19,...
Which is likely to cause confusion, because in the United States, an "international airport" is one that's got customs facilities. Joh...
According to https://skyvector.com/airport/1S1/Eckhart-International-Airport - Eckhart "Airport" is only open to private chartered fligh...
On 10/09/19 17:35, Joseph Eisenberg wrote: > I've started a new proposal for Key:aerodrome. > > See https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/P...
Point of order, also with half an eye on the "tagging governance" discussion.... Are we going to discuss this on the mailing list, or i...
> re we going to discuss this on the mailing list, or in the wiki discussion page, or both, or what? "Both" is probably the realisti...
To keep things in one place, I have copied my comment on the wiki discussion page together with Josephs response here. Once concepts have been c...
On Tuesday 10 September 2019, Joseph Eisenberg wrote: > I've started a new proposal for Key:aerodrome. > > See > https://wiki.openstre...
Christoph's comment is similar to what Simon Poole said on Talk:Proposed_features/Key:aerodrome So the alternative would be to use several new pr...