Drawing Sweden

Lars Aronsson
Who is uploading tracks and drawing maps in Eastern Sweden?
I mean around here,
http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit/viewMap.jsp?lat=58.5&lon=16.7&scale=800000

Is this a road, railway, or boat trip along the coast?

How can I tell?

Just from looking at it, I'm pretty sure it is a road trip by car.
But how can I tell who's done it?  How can I communicate with
them?  How can we discuss a collaboration?  This is where the OSM
applet is still very different from a wiki.  There are no "recent
changes", no "version history", no "diff", and no "talk pages" for
the drawn maps.

--
  Lars Aronsson ([hidden email])

Re: Drawing Sweden

Raphael Jacquot-2
Lars Aronsson wrote:

> Who is uploading tracks and drawing maps in Eastern Sweden?
> I mean around here,
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit/viewMap.jsp?lat=58.5&lon=16.7&scale=800000
>
> Is this a road, railway, or boat trip along the coast?
>
> How can I tell?
>
> Just from looking at it, I'm pretty sure it is a road trip by car.
> But how can I tell who's done it?  How can I communicate with
> them?  How can we discuss a collaboration?  This is where the OSM
> applet is still very different from a wiki.  There are no "recent
> changes", no "version history", no "diff", and no "talk pages" for
> the drawn maps.

this is me :D
it's a road with stops here & there at the vandrarhems

Re: Drawing Sweden

stevec-4
* @ 05/07/05 12:03:40 AM [hidden email] wrote:

> Who is uploading tracks and drawing maps in Eastern Sweden?
> I mean around here,
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit/viewMap.jsp?lat=58.5&lon=16.7&scale=800000
>
> Is this a road, railway, or boat trip along the coast?
>
> How can I tell?
>
> Just from looking at it, I'm pretty sure it is a road trip by car.
> But how can I tell who's done it?  How can I communicate with
> them?  How can we discuss a collaboration?  This is where the OSM
> applet is still very different from a wiki.  There are no "recent
> changes", no "version history", no "diff", and no "talk pages" for
> the drawn maps.

These are all planned things, and specifics like RSS are on the wiki
roadmaps...

have fun,

SteveC [hidden email] http://www.fractalus.com/steve/

Re: Drawing Sweden

Lars Aronsson
Amaury Jacquot wrote:
> this is me :D
> it's a road with stops here & there at the vandrarhems

It's great!  All parts from Denmark up to Gävle (north of
Stockholm) are now drawn.  France to Germany and Northern Sweden
are still just fragments.  I started to list and link cities that
the track touches on
http://www.openstreetmap.org/wiki/index.php/User:LA2#Diary

What is it that makes little Skjern on Jutland worth a detour?

--
  Lars Aronsson ([hidden email])