Drink bottle refund centres

Graeme Fitzpatrick
G'day all

Qld has just introduced the refund scheme for drink cans & bottles, which most of Oz has had in for many years :-(

How do you mark the centres that you can return your empties to?

I guess amenity=recycling, with recycling:glass bottles=yes & recycling:cans=yes added? Bit messy, but I can't see anything any better?

Around here, Salvo's have return points set-up inside their stores. Would you add these tags to the shop=charity tag, or add a node for the recycling spot?

Thanks

Graeme

Re: Drink bottle refund centres

Graeme Fitzpatrick
Follow up question on this

We now have

Drop Off points, where you take a bag of cans in, attach a tag & leave them. They get counted & refund credited to your bank account

Over the Counter depots will actually count your cans while you wait, then give you cash in hand

RVM (Reverse Vending Machine) - you feed the cans in one by one while the machine counts them, then credits your account

I assume you have similar arrangements all over?

If you tag the refund points, do you worry about what type of set-up each of them are, or just leave that up to the person taking their cans back?

Thanks

Graeme

Re: Drink bottle refund centres

Andrew Harvey-3
I agree that these match
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity=recycling perfectly.
You can further use
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:recycling_type to specify if
these are large recycling centers or just a container/machine.

For Salvo's it depends, if there is a container inside the store to
recycle, i'd map that as a node inside the building or area way. If
there's no dedicated container in the shop, but you just hand it over
the counter, I'd add the tags shared with shop=charity.

On Fri, 28 Dec 2018 at 17:50, Graeme Fitzpatrick <[hidden email]> wrote:

> G'day all
>
> Qld has just introduced the refund scheme for drink cans & bottles, which most of Oz has had in for many years :-(
>
> How do you mark the centres that you can return your empties to?
>
> I guess amenity=recycling, with recycling:glass bottles=yes & recycling:cans=yes added? Bit messy, but I can't see anything any better?
>
> Around here, Salvo's have return points set-up inside their stores. Would you add these tags to the shop=charity tag, or add a node for the recycling spot?
>
> Thanks
>
> Graeme

Re: Drink bottle refund centres

Warin
There are 106 recycling:refund_bottles=yes in Norway.

I was look at a way to say you got money back i.e. a refund.
But I think the above is a poor way to do it.

refund=no/yes/ and then similar values as for payment could be better.