ENCODING PROBLEM

anddreas2
Hi ! ! ! !

My name is Andreas and I come from Greece.

I have problem with the shp encoding (which is "iso-8859-7") for Greece.

In case I edit the file or run a processor, the program changes the shp encoding and I can not read greek text.

I tried to insert the new file (after the edit and after losing the original encoding of files with new coding like iso-8859-1 or utf-8. Moreover I tried to make new layers with certain codings like iso-8859-1 or utf-8 and I always lose original encodin of shp and the ability of reading greek text after edit them.

How does Kosmo-GIS handle the issue of encoding of shp?
What is the coding of the files after edit?
How I can change the default coding?
Is there any solution?

I use Kosmo 2.01 rc1
windows 7

Kosmo is the best GIS-Dektop for me. It is very pity to lose the opportunity to use it for encodings problems?