Editing in Front Range of US State of Colorado

Editing in Front Range of US State of Colorado

Mike Thompson
Hello,

If you are armchair mapping in the Front Range of the US State of Colorado, particularly the canyons west of the cities of Loveland, Fort Collins, etc., please be aware that we had a devastating flood here in the fall of 2013 that dramatically changed the courses of the rivers through these canyons, as well as destroying much of the human built infrastructure along those rivers. US Highway 34 in the Big Thompson Canyon between Loveland and Fort Collins in particular is still being reconstructed. This is not shown, or not fully shown, on the sources of overhead imagery we generally have available in OSM.  I continue to find that other mappers have added features back to the map which were destroyed by the flood, and which I and other local mappers correctly deleted.  Before you add what may appear to be a missing building, parking lot, reservoir, dam, park, trail, etc., please be sure it really exists in reality today.

Thank you,

Mike

Re: Editing in Front Range of US State of Colorado

Mateusz Konieczny-2
During deleting of destroyed features I typically leave outlines with notes reminding that aerial image is outdated and delete such historic days after aerial images are updated.

Have you tried doing something like that?

On 16 Dec 2017 4:37 p.m., "Mike Thompson" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Mateusz,

Thanks, good suggestion. I will try that now as I make corrections.

Mike