Quantcast

Editing tasks in Detroit

Horea Meleg

Hi all,

My Telenav colleagues in our mapping team are starting new mapping projects in the Detroit area. We are planning some pretty extensive improvements in areas like (turn) lane information, road naming and geometry, oneway and turn restrictions. We opened a Github repository where we describe each project in more detail: https://github.com/TelenavMapping/mapping-projects/issues . You can find out more about editing practices and sources we use there. We very much welcome discussion and suggestions there, or just get in touch via talk-us or OSM message.

Horea Meleg

Re: Editing tasks in Detroit

Charlotte Wolter
Horea,

        The photo on the Goithub page is Haggerty Road, which is pretty far west of downtown. I'm surprised that it even is inside the city limits. Do you have any guidance on which areas need mapping?

Charlotte

At 11:12 PM 4/20/2017, you wrote:

Hi all,
My Telenav colleagues in our mapping team are starting new mapping projects in the Detroit area. We are planning some pretty extensive improvements in areas like (turn) lane information, road naming and geometry, oneway and turn restrictions. We opened a Github repository where we describe each project in more detail: https://github.com/TelenavMapping/mapping-projects/issues . You can find out more about editing practices and sources we use there. We very much welcome discussion and suggestions there, or just get in touch via talk-us or OSM message.

Horea Meleg

Charlotte Wolter
927 18th Street Suite A
Santa Monica, California
90403
+1-310-597-4040
[hidden email]
Skype: thetechlady

Re: Editing tasks in Detroit

Horea Meleg

Hello Charlotte,

We started working on 8 counties near Detroit: Wayne, Macomb, Oakland, Livingston, Washtenaw, Lenawee, Monroe and Genesee.

Thank you for your interest in helping us.