Edits from India

Palolo
On a couple of HOT projects in Tanzania there are some edits that did not follow the task instructions, and actually created some very poor quality. It appears that the editors are from India and are new editors. Some of the tags that have been added to the changesets are: #acnglobalmapathonfy19 #AcnIndiaHyderabadFY19, #AcnIndiaMombaiFY19
Most of the edits were done on 20 March 2019

Does anyone have any information about these efforts?
It would be good to help future edits from this group to be a positive contribution rather than a problem for OSM users.

Emmor

Re: Edits from India

Rebecca Firth
Hi Emmor,

I just replied to you with detail on this via another thread - these mapathons were run by two local HOT partners offices in India. We have a validation resource in place checking their work so that we can give them feedback on how to improve it,

Thanks,

Rebecca

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 4:56 PM Vao Matua <[hidden email]> wrote:
On a couple of HOT projects in Tanzania there are some edits that did not follow the task instructions, and actually created some very poor quality. It appears that the editors are from India and are new editors. Some of the tags that have been added to the changesets are: #acnglobalmapathonfy19 #AcnIndiaHyderabadFY19, #AcnIndiaMombaiFY19
Most of the edits were done on 20 March 2019

Does anyone have any information about these efforts?
It would be good to help future edits from this group to be a positive contribution rather than a problem for OSM users.

Emmor

Rebecca Firth
Director, Community & Partnerships
@RebeccaFirthy

Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
Using OpenStreetMap for Humanitarian Response & Economic Development