Eliminazione del prefisso "WikiProject"

dcapillae
Salve,

Sono Daniel, dalla Spagna. Perdonatemi se non scrivo in italiano. Amo
l'italiano, ma ho studiato solo un anno all'università. Non parlo molto
bene.

[In inglese]

I would like to change the name of the wiki pages related to the Italy
mapping project to remove the "Wikiproject" prefix according to the
pages name conventions [1].

The name of the pages related to the Italy mapping project would be
"Italy" (name of place) instead of "Wikiproject Italy", as recommended
by the wiki conventions. It is a change that I have already made in
United States [2], Canada [3], Spain [4], Australia [5], New Zealand
[6], South Africa [7], and all Spanish-speaking countries [8] on the
Wiki. The pages of Israel, Denmark, Norway, United Kingdom and
Philippines have also been renamed.

I could make the necessary changes, and also add the "Country" template
[9] to the Italy project page, although this change is optional.

All pages with "WikiProject" prefix will be redirected automatically.
There will be no broken links in any case.  I'll make sure everything
works correctly, just like now.

Do you like the idea? I have posted this message on the wiki in case you
prefer to comment there [10].

Thank you for you attention! Greetings from Spain.

Regards,
Daniel

[1]
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Wiki_organisation#Pages_naming_convention
[2] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/United_States
[3] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Canada
[4] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/ES:Spain
[5] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Australia
[6] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/New_Zealand
[7] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/South_Africa
[8] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Category:Spanish_speaking_countries
[9] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Template:Country
[10]
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Old_WikiProject_Italy#Removing_.22WikiProject.22_prefix

Re: Eliminazione del prefisso "WikiProject"

dieterdreist
per me va bene, ma mi preoccupano i vecchi link in giro nel mondo che punterebbero nel vuoto. Sarebbe possibile creare dei redirect per gli indirizzi vecchi?

Ciao Martin

Re: Eliminazione del prefisso "WikiProject"

> On 16. Aug 2019, at 14:32, dcapillae <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> All pages with "WikiProject" prefix will be redirected automatically.

ottimo, mi era sfuggito questo dettaglio prima, scusate il rumore...

Ciao Martin

Re: Eliminazione del prefisso "WikiProject"

Alfredo Gattai
Looks like a legitimate thing to do.
No objections

Alfredo

Il Ven 16 Ago 2019, 14:34 dcapillae <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
[...]

Ciao. Grazie per i tuoi commenti.

[In inglese]

The prefix "WikiProject" has already been removed from the Italy mapping
project pages [1].

I've added the template "Country" [2] (you can remove it if you don't like
it). The template is not yet translated into Italian. Could you help with
the translation? [3]

Thank you for your collaboration.

Greetings from Spain.

Regards,
Daniel

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Italy
[2] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Template:Country
[3] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Template:CountryLang

--
Sent from: http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/Italy-General-f5324174.html

Re: Eliminazione del prefisso "WikiProject"

dieterdreist
thank you!

sent from a phone