Error not detected

Steph
Hi,

Occurring with mkgmap-r3345 & mkgmap-r3346.

I made a mistake in the "lines" file.
I wrote "ighway=secondary & bridge=yes"

Mkgmap didn't detect the error :

-----
Found one style in ../styles/default/
Warning: Resolution values <= 10 may confuse MapSource: 5:14, 6:12, 7:10
finished check-styles
Number of MapFailedExceptions: 0
Number of ExitExceptions: 0
Time finished: Mon Nov 10 18:48:58 GFT 2014
Total time taken: 13771ms
-----

I didn't test with previous versions of mkgmap.
The test was right a couple of weeks ago...

Do you think it's because of the warning "Resolution values <= 10 may
confuse MapSource: 5:14, 6:12, 7:10" ?

Regards.
Steph

Re: Error not detected

Gerd Petermann
Hi Stéphane,

do you expect that mkgmap knows that "ighway" is a typo and should be "highway" ?
Such a test is not coded.

Gerd

Stéphane MARTIN wrote

Le 10/11/2014 19:17, GerdP a écrit :
> Hi Stéphane,
>
> do you expect that mkgmap knows that "ighway" is a typo and should be
> "highway" ?
> Such a test is not coded.
>
> Gerd

Ok. I'm the error... ;-)

Thank you Gerd :-)

Steph

Re: Error not detected

Gerd Petermann
Hi Steph,

you're welcome. I think I suggested this already in the past:
It should be rather simple to implement a counter for each rule
(or maybe each expression) and report that at the end of the
execution of mkgmap. We could count how often an expression was
evaluated and how often it was true.
I think this would easily allow to find expressions that never matched,
but it would be the style author that has to decide if that is
wanted or not.

Gerd

> Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 19:22:25 -0300

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Error not detected
>
> Le 10/11/2014 19:17, GerdP a écrit :
> > Hi Stéphane,
> >
> > do you expect that mkgmap knows that "ighway" is a typo and should be
> > "highway" ?
> > Such a test is not coded.
> >
> > Gerd
>
> Ok. I'm the error... ;-)
>
> Thank you Gerd :-)
>
> Steph

Re: Error not detected

Axel Herold
Gerd Petermann schrieb (11/11/14 -- 09:06):

> [...] I think I suggested this already in the past:
> It should be rather simple to implement a counter for each rule
> (or maybe each expression) and report that at the end of the
> execution of mkgmap. [...]

Hi Gerd,

this sounds like a really useful feature for style debugging. It would
be great if you or another developer will find some time for this some
day.

Viele Grüße,
Axel.