Quantcast

Error starting UDIG in Mac OS Maverick

Gabriella Turek
After I upgraded my Mac OS to Maverick Udig no longer starts, I get the error message “Failed to create Java Virtual Machine”
The upgrade removed JDK 1.6 entirely and I don’t particularly want to reinstall it again. I had to do a tweak to get Eclipse to run.
Is there a workaround for Udig as well, or do I have to reinstall the old java?
Thanx
Gaby
--
Dr Gabriella Turek
Sr. Software Engineer

Re: Error starting UDIG in Mac OS Maverick

Jody Garnett-2
I think you can add a "jre" folder uDig and it will make use of it (rather than installing a system JRE).

We also have a problem with File dialogs only appearing once on Mavericks, and are looking to update the version of Eclipse "rich client platform" we are using in order to have this fixed.
--
Jody

Jody Garnett