Exact location for POI?

Ben Kelley-4
Hi.

I have found that if I include a waypoint in my GPX file it doesn't get converted to a point when I upload the file. Is there another way to create a point at an exact location?

I couldn't find any way in potlatch to enter lat/long for a point. Can you do this in JOSM?

 - Ben.

Re: Exact location for POI?

Neil Penman
What device are you using?  With Garmin's such as the
60Csx the
waypoints are not written to the GPX file.  However
you can use gpsbabel
to get a file containing the waypoints off the device.
 Note this is a
separate file but you can load it into JOSM as another
layer to get the
exact position of your waypoints.

Ben Kelley wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have found that if I include a waypoint in my GPX
file it doesn't
> get converted to a point when I upload the file. Is
there another way
> to create a point at an exact location?
>
> I couldn't find any way in potlatch to enter
lat/long for a point. Can
> you do this in JOSM?
>
>  - Ben.

Re: Exact location for POI?

mlenser
Quoting Ben Kelley <[hidden email]>:

> Hi.
>
> I have found that if I include a waypoint in my GPX file it doesn't get
> converted to a point when I upload the file. Is there another way to create
> a point at an exact location?

If you open the file on your pc using JOSM you will see all your
waypoints as well as the track points.

> I couldn't find any way in potlatch to enter lat/long for a point. Can you
> do this in JOSM?

Not as such but it does show the Lat & Lon of the mouse pointer so you
could add a point when you were on the correct spot but using
waypoints is MUCH simpler.

>  - Ben.

Regards,
Mike

Re: Exact location for POI?

Ben Kelley-4
Hi.

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 4:10 PM, Neil Penman <[hidden email]> wrote:
What device are you using?  With Garmin's such as the
60Csx the
waypoints are not written to the GPX file.

I'm generating the gpx file in Ozi Explorer. The file format is not the issue. :)

 - Ben.

Re: Exact location for POI?

Ben Kelley-4
Hi.

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 5:18 PM, Michael Lenser <[hidden email]> wrote:
Not as such but it does show the Lat & Lon of the mouse pointer so you
could add a point when you were on the correct spot but using
waypoints is MUCH simpler.

So does JOSM import waypoints from GPX files?

 - Ben.