Extend GPS menu

!i!

Extend GPS menu

!i!
Hi, I try to code a plugin for video mapping.
Therefore I'd like to add a menuentry in the GPS Layer context menu. But I
don't know how :(

Can anybody help me, please?

regards
Matthias

Re: Extend GPS menu

Sebastian Klein
Matthias Mei├čer wrote:
> Hi, I try to code a plugin for video mapping.
> Therefore I'd like to add a menuentry in the GPS Layer context menu. But I
> don't know how :(
>
> Can anybody help me, please?
>
> regards
> Matthias

Hi,

the photo-geotagging plugin adds a menu entry to the photo Layer context
menu.

IIRC there are hooks for that, in the photo layer only. I guess this
should be moved to the to superclass "Layer", so it can be used for
other layer types, as well. (Patch would be appreciated.)

Btw., cool project. Do you have already proof of concept or is it in
planning stage? Do you already know how to make it portable and easy to
install?

There was a guy on the list about video mapping some time ago:
<http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/josm-dev/2010-January/004000.html>
But I can't remember if it is useful.

Sebastian