Extract a feature

Ageel .I.BUSHARA
Dear all,

I have a soil type map consists of 18 soil types. I want to extract a map of only one soil type. How can I do it.

Regards,
Ageel

Re: Extract a feature

Silvia Franceschi-2
Dear Ageel,
what kind of soil map do you have? do you have a raster map or a shapefile? features usually are shapefiles... so could you specify it better?

1. raster map: you should use r.mapcalculator from the menu JGrass -> raster tools -> Map calculator

2. shapefile: you should create a new shapefile with only the soil type you desire and then you can rasterize that new shapefile with the command Vector to Raster in the same menu as before.

Silvia