Extremely complicated conditional values

Extremely complicated conditional values

Paul Johnson-3
Is there a condition value calculator that can help me come up with sane tagging for this?

This is a chart of advised speeds in MPH for HGVs on a motorway in Oregon based on weight in pounds.  I'm at a complete loss of how to tag for this save for conditional values but I am banging my head on coming up anything cogent reading through https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Conditional_restrictions short of maxspeed:advisory:hgv=18 mph (which technically fits the most stringent value but a little hamfisted given that sign).

Can I get a hint on this?

Re: Extremely complicated conditional values

Johnparis
I'd try something similar to this example:

access:conditional=destination @ (weight>5.5)

So in your case you would have

maxspeed:advisory:conditional=18 @ (weight>=37.5)
maxspeed:advisory:conditional=22 @ (weight>=35 AND weight<37.5)
maxspeed:advisory:conditional=26 @ (weight>=32.5 AND weight<35)
maxspeed:advisory:conditional=37 @ (weight>=30 AND weight<32.5)

(... the standard for weight being short tons in the USA...)

John

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 4:36 AM Paul Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there a condition value calculator that can help me come up with sane tagging for this?

This is a chart of advised speeds in MPH for HGVs on a motorway in Oregon based on weight in pounds.  I'm at a complete loss of how to tag for this save for conditional values but I am banging my head on coming up anything cogent reading through https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Conditional_restrictions short of maxspeed:advisory:hgv=18 mph (which technically fits the most stringent value but a little hamfisted given that sign).

Can I get a hint on this?

Re: Extremely complicated conditional values

Johnparis
I suppose, given that they all have the same tag, that the values would need to be concatenated with semicolons:

maxspeed:advisory:conditional=18 @ (weight>=37.5);22 @ (weight>=35 AND weight<37.5);26 @ (weight>=32.5 AND weight<35);37 @ (weight>=30 AND weight<32.5)

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 10:28 AM Johnparis <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Tobias Zwick
Even shorter, because if there are conflicting rules in the conditional, the last one is taken, says the wiki. (Not sure if this is really implemented in applications that work with that data though):

maxspeed:advisory:conditional=37 mph @ (weight>=60000 lbs);26 mph @ (weight>=65000 lbs);22 mph @ (weight>=70000 lbs);18 mph @ (weight>=75000 lbs AND weight<=80000)

Notes:
- I'd always specify units as they are used on the sign for better confirmability
- to be precise, I guess you'd need to add "AND axles>=5" in every conditional

Tobias

Am 25. April 2019 10:34:21 MESZ schrieb Johnparis <[hidden email]>:

>I suppose, given that they all have the same tag, that the values would
>need to be concatenated with semicolons:
>

>maxspeed:advisory:conditional=18 @ (weight>=37.5);22 @ (weight>=35 AND
>weight<37.5);26 @ (weight>=32.5 AND weight<35);37 @ (weight>=30 AND
>weight<32.5)
>
>On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 10:28 AM Johnparis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I'd try something similar to this example:
>>
>> access:conditional=destination @ (weight>5.5)
>>
>> So in your case you would have
>>
>> maxspeed:advisory:conditional=18 @ (weight>=37.5)
>> maxspeed:advisory:conditional=22 @ (weight>=35 AND weight<37.5)
>> maxspeed:advisory:conditional=26 @ (weight>=32.5 AND weight<35)
>> maxspeed:advisory:conditional=37 @ (weight>=30 AND weight<32.5)
>>
>> (... the standard for weight being short tons in the USA...)
>>
>> John
>>

>> On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 4:36 AM Paul Johnson <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a condition value calculator that can help me come up with
>sane
>>> tagging for this?
>>>
>>> https://openstreetcam.org/details/955279/18672/track-info
>>>
>>> This is a chart of advised speeds in MPH for HGVs on a motorway in
>Oregon
>>> based on weight in pounds.  I'm at a complete loss of how to tag for
>this
>>> save for conditional values but I am banging my head on coming up
>anything
>>> cogent reading through
>>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Conditional_restrictions short
>of maxspeed:advisory:hgv=18
>>> mph (which technically fits the most stringent value but a little
>>> hamfisted given that sign).
>>>
>>> Can I get a hint on this?

Re: Extremely complicated conditional values

Richard Z.
On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 02:06:27PM +0200, Tobias Zwick wrote:
> Even shorter, because if there are conflicting rules in the conditional, the last one is taken, says the wiki. (Not sure if this is really implemented in applications that work with that data though):

just wondering, does anyone have an idea how far the software support for conditional goes?

Richard