[FOSS4G-Oceania] Nominations - OSGeo Oceania board election

[FOSS4G-Oceania] Nominations - OSGeo Oceania board election

Edoardo Neerhut-2
Dear Returning Officer & OSGeo Oceania,

I am happy to nominate another candidate for the OSGeo Oceania board, Ewen Hill of Melbourne, Australia.

Ewen Hill is one of those people who contributes an enormous amount to the geospatial community while asking little in return. He has been involved in almost all geospatial events since I have been in Melbourne, and I am sure many before. Ewen is the guy who patiently shows people how to get the most out of JOSM or QGIS, working his way around the room to support anyone needing help. He's the guy that spends time putting together a map in QGIS after an OpenStreetMap event to show the results of a mapathon. He's the guy who rocks up at the venue two weeks before to make sure it has everything you need for FOSS4G SotM Oceania.

I'm sure he'd bring this same selflessness and attention to detail to the board, while being a strong advocate of the open source geospatial tools we all know and love.

Kind regards,

Ed

Re: [FOSS4G-Oceania] Nominations - OSGeo Oceania board election

adam steer
Awesome, thanks Ewen and Ed.

--
Dr. Adam Steer