Feature Proposal - RFC - (Hierarchies route=bicycle)

Feature Proposal - RFC - (Hierarchies route=bicycle) – Hello, I propose a concept for contributing cycling route. my english is bad, sorry ... https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Hi...
On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 at 18:20, Axelos <axelos@...> wrote: [...] > > The concept of hierarchical relations makes it possible to avo...
Hello, Paul Allen wrote > On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 at 18:20, Axelos &lt; > axelos@ > &gt; wrote: > [...] > >> >>...
On Mon, 31 Dec 2018 at 08:41, Axelos <axelos@...> wrote: > > This is not the same usage, but uses that complement each other. >...
Hello, Paul Allen wrote > On Mon, 31 Dec 2018 at 08:41, Axelos &lt; > axelos@ > &gt; wrote: > >> >> This is n...
This is an interesting proposal, but it needs a lot of thinking before we can consider it a working proposal. Here is my lost of *additional p...
Hello, voschix wrote > 1) The problem exists in the same way also for other routes like: > route=road|foot|hiking|bus|trolleybus|tram|mtb|...
On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 at 10:38, Axelos <axelos@...> wrote: The direction signs are a real problem. An alternative solution is to > expl...
Hello Paul, Paul Allen wrote > On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 at 10:38, Axelos &lt; > axelos@ > &gt; wrote: > > The direction sig...
On Sun, 20 Jan 2019 at 11:05, Axelos <axelos@...> wrote: [footpath/bridleway fingerposts] > > I have already seen this type of ...
I still think it's the same mechanism. You reuse existing collections of ways to build other collections. I think you describe a use case for ...
Hello, Peter Elderson wrote > I think you describe a use case for that. This can be added to existing > "How-to" pages for build...
Axelos wrote: > Hello, I propose a concept for contributing cycling route. Many thanks for looking at this - the current state of bike route h...
Hello, Richard Fairhurst wrote > Axelos wrote: >> Hello, I propose a concept for contributing cycling route. > > From the descri...
Axelos wrote: > ID is not suitable for this type of contribution (relations), he knows > how to do it, but in a superficial and irrelevant ...
The existing scheme for tagging cycle routes is robust. The problem I see when 'reusing' it in a hierarchy of routes, is that we would need a rol...
I just did some work on a hierarchy of hiking routes. Can't be done with Id or Potlatch, the only available tool is JOSM and even with JOSM you'l...
Peter Elderson wrote: > I just did some work on a hierarchy of hiking routes. Can't be done with > Id or Potlatch What specifically can't ...
Sorry, I assumed Potlatch would work approximately similar to Id. Can it easily sort/reverse ways within relations, move elements between relatio...
Peter Elderson wrote: > Sorry, I assumed Potlatch would work approximately similar to Id. If you're addressing a mailing list with 551 subscr...
First point: you are right and again, I am sorry. Second: What about the same question without the “easily”? Mvg Peter Elderson > Op 3 jan. 2...
On 03/01/2019 14:37, Peter Elderson wrote: > What about the same question without the “easily”? I occasionally (especially with a DWG hat on) ...
Well, I regularly edit and maintain a lot of routes, route hierarchies and node networks. Id is fine for a few basic things, adding and editing ta...
Look at Nederland on waymarkedtrails, hiking tab and bicycle tab, to see this is already working. In the information text they explain how they ha...
Hello, Peter Elderson wrote > Look at Nederland on waymarkedtrails, hiking tab and bicycle tab, to see > this is already working. In the i...