Feature Proposal - RFC - (Phone)

Feature Proposal - RFC - (Phone) – Hey, now I'm ready to open a new proposal which you can see here https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Phone#Second_proposal_.28p...
Valor Naram <valinora@...> wrote: > It's awful that we have two tags for the same puropose in our database and > that makes it more d...
On Sun, 6 Oct 2019 at 20:35, Sven Geggus <lists@...> wrote: > > I fully agree with this. In opencampingmap POI database I curren...
> One problem with enforcing a single tag by mappers or preprocessing > data before putting it in the database is that if there are subtle d...
On 07/10/19 21:00, Valor Naram wrote: > > One problem with enforcing a single tag by mappers or preprocessing > > data before putting ...
Are you a datauser Paul Allen? Because I hate doing replacements, they ugly and they are work I hate. Replacements make Queries more ugly and long...
I moved the content of my proposal to https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Discussions/tagging/contact:phone_or_phone because I don't work with cat...
On 28.09.19 10:31, Valor Naram wrote: > now I'm ready to open a new proposal which you can see here > https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Pr...
I disagree with this idea that we must remove similar tags for the sake of it. Anyone who actually uses OSM data (rather than people who just im...
sent from a phone > On 28. Sep 2019, at 11:48, Chris Hill <osm@...> wrote: > > Removing seemingly similar tags and so homogenis...
You forget that `phone` is identical to `contact:phone` except the name. It's just not similar, it's the same by 99,99%. For example: Researchers ...
28 Sep 2019, 11:48 by osm@...: > I disagree with this idea that we must remove similar tags for the sake of it. > Similar - I agree. ...
I oppose selectively deprecating contact:phone because without explaining whhy it diifers from other contact tags (populist appeals to tag counts ...