Feature Proposal - RFC - Product

Richard Smith
Hi All

I have finished work on a proposal for the key value: product ( http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Key:product ) which I have created to support my approved feature: kiln ( http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:man_made=kiln ).

Currently OSM has wide support for features that have agricultural output in the form of the key: produce ( http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:produce ) but little support for output in terms of manufacturing. This proposal aims to further define the two with the goal of providing clear guidance on their continued separate usage in the future.

Cheers - Richard

Re: Feature Proposal - RFC - Product

dieterdreist
2012/10/11 Richard Smith <[hidden email]>:

> Hi All
>
> I have finished work on a proposal for the key value: product (
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Key:product ) which I
> have created to support my approved feature: kiln (
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:man_made=kiln ).
> Currently OSM has wide support for features that have agricultural output in
> the form of the key: produce (
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:produce ) but little support for
> output in terms of manufacturing. This proposal aims to further define the
> two with the goal of providing clear guidance on their continued separate
> usage in the future.

Nice proposal. Actually product is already in use (apparently for the
same purpose you made your proposal for, but I didn't check this in
detail), maybe there are some mappers on this list who used the tag in
precedence and can explain how:
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/product#values

IMHO this tag was already "approved by voting", as it was included in
your recently approved kiln-proposal, but feel free to have more
discussion on the definition details.

cheers,

Re: Feature Proposal - RFC - Product

bredy
This proposal status are voting, but Vote end is 01-12-2012 why stop the process?