Feature Proposal - RFC - default:language (changed from language:default)

Feature Proposal - RFC - default:language (changed from language:default)

Joseph Eisenberg

I have changed the order of the new tag to default:language=<code> on the Default Language Format proposal page. https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Default_Language_Format

It was found that the tag language:*=* hds been used in the form language:en=main to describe the main language taught at a language school. It's not a very common tag, but there may be a small risk of confusion in using the same "namespace." Also, there is a proposal to have all defaults (eg maxspeed for highways) in the form default:*=*. A small number of people expressed support for changing the tag to this order, several others did not have an opinion (including the initial author of this proposal), and no one has yet spoken against the change, therefore the proposed tag has been changed.

Please comment on the talk page if you disagree with this change or if you have any other comments.

It's been 2 weeks since the initial RFC on 24-Sep-2018, but I think we should wait at least another week after this change before voting, right?