Feature Proposal - RFC - traffic_calming=dynamic_bump

Feature Proposal - RFC - traffic_calming=dynamic_bump

simson.gertrud@gmail.com
Hello,

sorry it seems the html email type was not suitable for the mailing
list. Here is the email again in plain text:

I created a proposal. Please comment if you have comments.

Definition: A dynamic traffic calming whose impact depends on the
drivers actual speed

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Tag:traffic_calming%3Ddynamic_bump

Best Regards,

Klumbumbus

Re: Feature Proposal - RFC - traffic_calming=dynamic_bump

Anton Klim
Thanks for the proposal, this is something I haven’t heard of before!
Not sure if “bump” would be suitable for those that slide down beneath the surface? Maybe traffic_calming=dynamic/variable?

Regards
Ant

> 28 авг. 2019 г., в 21:54, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> написал(а):
>
> Hello,
>
> sorry it seems the html email type was not suitable for the mailing list. Here is the email again in plain text:
>
> I created a proposal. Please comment if you have comments.
>
> Definition: A dynamic traffic calming whose impact depends on the drivers actual speed
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Tag:traffic_calming%3Ddynamic_bump
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Klumbumbus

Re: Feature Proposal - RFC - traffic_calming=dynamic_bump

simson.gertrud@gmail.com
The wording "bump" is ok in my eyes for the lowered hatch type too because:

-after you roll down the inclined plane the edge "bumpes" you up again
-I don't think the word "bump" necessarily implies the direction up or a
direction at all.
-The brand name of the device on the pictures is "Actibump"

Regards

Am 28.08.2019 um 21:14 schrieb Anton Klim:
> Thanks for the proposal, this is something I haven’t heard of before!
> Not sure if “bump” would be suitable for those that slide down beneath the surface? Maybe traffic_calming=dynamic/variable?
>
> Regards
> Ant

Re: Feature Proposal - RFC - traffic_calming=dynamic_bump

AlaskaDave
Thanks for a nice job on the proposal. The new tag seems appropriate as well. I have not seen anything like this in my travels but it sounds like a wonderful idea.

Cheers,

Dave

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 12:34 PM [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
The wording "bump" is ok in my eyes for the lowered hatch type too because:

-after you roll down the inclined plane the edge "bumpes" you up again
-I don't think the word "bump" necessarily implies the direction up or a
direction at all.
-The brand name of the device on the pictures is "Actibump"

Regards

Am 28.08.2019 um 21:14 schrieb Anton Klim:
> Thanks for the proposal, this is something I haven’t heard of before!
> Not sure if “bump” would be suitable for those that slide down beneath the surface? Maybe traffic_calming=dynamic/variable?
>
> Regards
> Ant

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska