Feature Proposal - RFC - via_ferrata

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
15 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Feature Proposal - RFC - via_ferrata

Dario Zontini Gmail
sorry, I'm in my first proposal.
you can voting the proposal via_ferrata?

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/via_ferrata
-- 


Dario Zontini

_______________________________________________
Tagging mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/tagging
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Feature Proposal - RFC - via_ferrata

bredy
But sometimes the via ferrata is part of the path, the have the same ref.

And why don't use the scale difficult of SAC for klettersteg?
Klettersteg difficult SAC
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Feature Proposal - RFC - via_ferrata

bredy
Who decided the start of voting? Is just 2 yaers without no discussion.
The feature is good for alpin tagging.

If none that write the proposal are present I try to restart the process.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Feature Proposal - RFC - via_ferrata

bredy
For me all path are equiped with some technical equipment are via ferrata, because with this tag you see in the map that in that point the path have some technical equipment. And because the first scale grade of via ferrata say "No equipment requaired".

All map write cross in the point with technical equipment.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Feature Proposal - RFC - via_ferrata

fly high
Am 30.09.2013 10:37, schrieb bredy:
> For me all path are equiped with some technical equipment are via ferrata,
> because with this tag you see in the map that in that point the path have
> some technical equipment. And because the first scale grade of via ferrata
> say "No equipment requaired".
>
> All map write cross in the point with technical equipment.

I understand your point in diversifying climbling and other routes with
required equipment but I would not use highway=* for this.

I think it is much easier to either add no highway tag at all and/or
highway=path plus sac_scale and add extra information as via_ferrata=*
and subtags.

cu
fly


_______________________________________________
Tagging mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/tagging
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Feature Proposal - RFC - via_ferrata

bredy
the via ferrata have different scale of difficult respect the sac_scale, but I'm not the writer of this proposal. I only want to proceed with it.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Feature Proposal - RFC - via_ferrata

fly high
Am 30.09.2013 18:55, schrieb bredy:
> the via ferrata have different scale of difficult respect the sac_scale, but
> I'm not the writer of this proposal. I only want to proceed with it.

You can use both if needed and I have no problem via_ferrata_scale=*.

fly


_______________________________________________
Tagging mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/tagging
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Feature Proposal - RFC - via_ferrata

Alberto Nogaro
In reply to this post by bredy
>-----Original Message-----
>From: bredy [mailto:[hidden email]]
>Sent: lunedì 30 settembre 2013 10:37
>To: [hidden email]
>Subject: Re: [Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - via_ferrata
>
>For me all path are equiped with some technical equipment are via ferrata,
>because with this tag you see in the map that in that point the path have
>some technical equipment. And because the first scale grade of via ferrata
say
>"No equipment requaired".
>
>All map write cross in the point with technical equipment.

To map technical equipment individually, you could use the proposal "Safety
measures on hiking trails":

wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Safety_measures_on_hiking_trails

When the technical equipments are not mapped individually, the same proposal
suggests to add the tag assisted_trail=yes on ways which have safety
measures but are not classified as via ferrata.





_______________________________________________
Tagging mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/tagging
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Feature Proposal - RFC - via_ferrata

bredy
Then I suggest to cancel the point 1 of the via_ferrata_scale because in it is write "Equipment Via-Ferrata kit not needed".
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Feature Proposal - RFC - via_ferrata

bredy
I read that many people suggest this but not change in the proposal.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Feature Proposal - RFC - via_ferrata

Pieren
On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 2:59 PM, bredy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I read that many people suggest this but not change in the proposal.


The via_ferrata_scale is based on some external definition (read the
wiki). If you are not aware about what a via ferrata is, don't change
the proposal. scale=0 means that you don't need climbing gear but
there is some basic security equipments along the (short) path.
Also this kind of "path" is specific enough to not use the classical
"highway=path" as I've previously seen in this thread. It's also not a
problem if it is not rendered on the main map styles since it is
probably for dedicated and specialized maps.

Pieren

_______________________________________________
Tagging mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/tagging
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Feature Proposal - RFC - via_ferrata

bredy
Or change this proposal or cancel the proposal wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Safety_measures_on_hiking_trails because they have same meaning.

And I saw what is a via ferrata, I'm an alpin troupe officer.

The meaning of first grade of scale actualy is for equiped path and not for via ferrata.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Feature Proposal - RFC - via_ferrata

Pieren
On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 3:58 PM, bredy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Or change this proposal or cancel the proposal
> wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Safety_measures_on_hiking_trails because they
> have same meaning.

I think the two proposals can be easily merged. Anyone concerned is
free to edit the wiki.

> The meaning of first grade of scale actualy is for equiped path and not for
> via ferrata.

A "via ferrata" route can be split in different segments and scales
and some can be scale=0. And again, the definition is external of the
OSM project. I don't see why we should reject some of the values. It
has to be discussed with the original authors but not in OSM.

Pieren

_______________________________________________
Tagging mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/tagging
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Feature Proposal - RFC - via_ferrata

bredy
The problem is the use of two scale, German and French. Same for path I propose the use of only one scale (german) because it don't have the scale 0. Then only Via Ferrata that required equipment are tagged as Via Ferrata, the other as path with equiped (same as Proposal wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Safety_measures_on_hiking_trails)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Feature Proposal - RFC - via_ferrata

bredy
And I don't know why the writer of this proposal stop the work about 1 years.