Feature Proposal - Voting - Tag:healthcare:equipment

Feature Proposal - Voting - Tag:healthcare:equipment

Mhairi O'Hara
Voting is now open for the proposed feature healthcare:equipment

"Indicates what type of speciality medical equipment is available at a health facility"

--
Mhairi O'Hara
Technical Project Manager

Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
Using OpenStreetMap for Humanitarian Response & Economic Development
web
 |      twitter
 |      facebook
 |      donate

Re: Feature Proposal - Voting - Tag:healthcare:equipment

On 1. Aug 2019, at 22:18, Mhairi O'Hara <[hidden email]> wrote:

"Indicates what type of speciality medical equipment is available at a health facility"

I am not sure this should already go to voting, documentation is still rather vague and it is somehow indicative that the status is still set to draft. The rationale is quite detailed but actual tagging must mostly be imagined. I would suggest to have this discussed for another round and be more explicit about the proposed values.

To me it is not even completely clear whether this should be used as a property or defines an explicit feature, although it seems more thought as a property (but then there are the size considerations).

For example you mention “operating theatre” (we are using BE spelling for tags), emergency_department and laboratory as possible values. To me neither of these seems a good fit for an _equipment_ tag, and IMHO for things like these we should choose a representation that allows for easy addition of more detail if desired (e.g. operating theatre capacity, location of emergency department and its access points, details for capabilities of the lab, etc.)

Cheers Martin

Re: Feature Proposal - Voting - Tag:healthcare:equipment

On 1. Aug 2019, at 22:18, Mhairi O'Hara <[hidden email]> wrote:

"Indicates what type of speciality medical equipment is available at a health facility"

I am not sure this should already go to voting, documentation is still rather vague and it is somehow indicative that the status is still set to draft. The rationale is quite detailed but actual tagging must mostly be imagined. I would suggest to have this discussed for another round and be more explicit about the proposed values.

The proposal is to map the actual location of the item. Does this matter? And how difficult will it be for mappers to obtain that information and other mappers to verify it?

To me it is not even completely clear whether this should be used as a property or defines an explicit feature, although it seems more thought as a property (but then there are the size considerations).

It would be simpler as a 'property of the hospital' similar to bed count, height, name etc. As such it would not be mapped as a node/way/relation but as a property of a hospital.

For example you mention “operating theatre” (we are using BE spelling for tags), emergency_department and laboratory as possible values. To me neither of these seems a good fit for an _equipment_ tag, and IMHO for things like these we should choose a representation that allows for easy addition of more detail if desired (e.g. operating theatre capacity, location of emergency department and its access points, details for capabilities of the lab, etc.)

Laboratory does not say what it is ... they can have different capabilities. More though required?

Emergency department presence and entrances already have an existing tagging scheme.

Re: Feature Proposal - Voting - Tag:healthcare:equipment

Joseph Eisenberg
I agree, Martin. I already mentioned these same problems on the
Talk:Proposed_features/Tag:healthcare:equipment page, 2 or 3 days ago,
with no response yet.

I am going to recommend that this tag not be approved at this time,
but I sincerely hope that the team at healthsites.io will address the
concerns and develop a tag system for medical equipment and facilities
which is easy to use and unambiguous.

My recommendation is to use mri=yes, ultrasound=yes, laboratory=yes
etc. as property tags, and to use the key healthcare=* or amenity=*
(without a namespace - it's not needed) for separate features like
healthcare=laboratory - an already documented tag BTW.

The proposal and eventual wiki pages should clarify that different
tags are normally used for features and properties: see the wiki page
"One feature, One OSM Element"

Joseph Eisenberg