Feature Proposal - Voting - Tag:staff_count:doctors

Feature Proposal - Voting - Tag:staff_count:doctors

Mhairi O'Hara
Voting is now open for the proposed feature staff_count:doctors

"Indicates the average daily number of doctors available at a health facility"

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Tag:staff_count:doctors

Please read the page, then add your vote and any additional comments here:

--
Mhairi O'Hara
Technical Project Manager

Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
Using OpenStreetMap for Humanitarian Response & Economic Development
web
 |      twitter
 |      facebook
 |      donate

Re: Feature Proposal - Voting - Tag:staff_count:doctors

> On 1. Aug 2019, at 22:17, Mhairi O'Hara <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Voting is now open for the proposed feature staff_count:doctors
>
> "Indicates the average daily number of doctors available at a health facility"

can you explain how a mapper should survey this on the ground? Is the average for the last week? Last quarter? Last decade? Is it about the people working there in total, or at the same time? Someone working 1 day a week is 0.2 doctors? Or 0.14?

Is it about the people employed or those showing up (thinking about ill doctors)?

Cheers Martin

Re: Feature Proposal - Voting - Tag:staff_count:doctors

Graeme Fitzpatrick

On Fri, 2 Aug 2019 at 07:31, Martin Koppenhoefer <[hidden email]> wrote:

sent from a phone

> On 1. Aug 2019, at 22:17, Mhairi O'Hara <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Voting is now open for the proposed feature staff_count:doctors
>
> "Indicates the average daily number of doctors available at a health facility"

can you explain how a mapper should survey this on the ground? Is the average for the last week? Last quarter? Last decade? Is it about the people working there in total, or at the same time? Someone working 1 day a week is 0.2 doctors? Or 0.14?

Is it about the people employed or those showing up (thinking about ill doctors)?

& should we then be (somehow) breaking that number down into times of day & specialities? There are 10 doctors at this facility - 4 work the morning shift from 0600 till 1400, 4 from 1200 - 2000 (so 8 there from 1200 - 1400), but only 2 from 2000 - 0600 next morning - is the number you're looking for 10 / 4 / 8 or 2?

It gets worse when you consider specialities - of those 10 doctors, 2 are surgeons, 1 anaethesist, 1 obstetrician, 2 emergency room (none of whom are usually available for general ward duty) & only 4 "normal" doctors. What number do you want?

I'm sorry, Mhairi, but we've been asking these same questions ever since this proposal was first put up, & nobody from your team has yet answered them.

It's a nice idea, but at this stage, I for one would have to be inclined to vote no :-(

Thanks

Graeme