Feature Proposal - Voting - camp_site=camp_pitch

Re: Feature Proposal - Voting - camp_site=camp_pitch

marc marc
Le 23.05.19 à 23:05, Graeme Fitzpatrick a écrit :

>> no main tag/value at all ? that avoid any bad tag/value :)

> Well, yes! What are they likely to be confused with?

tagging a camp_pitch without any additional tag 'll
be a polygon with no tag, that's a little light :)
at least one tag is needed, camp_pitch=yes for example.

Le 24.05.19 à 01:27, Warin a écrit :

 >> camp_site:part=camp_pitch is inconveniently long

 > A compromise? camp:part=pitch ???

but we lost : a part of what (link the part with the main tag) ?
so camp_site:part=pitch if you wish to be short.

well I fine with camp_site:part=pitch camp_site:part=camp_pitch
camp_pitch=yes tourism=camp_pitch
maybe the easiest is a single propal with the 3 choices,
the choice that receives the most votes is approved.
does anyone object to it because it's not a conventional proposal ?

 > Then pitch=caravan/trailer/tent/caravan;trailer

no new tag needed for that, let's use the same tags as listed on
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:tourism%3Dcamp_site
you don't even need to include sub-tags in the proposal,
so you don't have vote against them

Re: Feature Proposal - Voting - camp_site=camp_pitch

Joseph Eisenberg
Re: offer several tag options, and “the choice that receives the most votes is approved.”

That’s not how the current approval guideline is set. There needs to be 75% votes for approval. This is to prevent a tag from being approved with just 51% yes votes.

This is why it can be difficult to reach approval when there are several competing tags.

On 24. May 2019, at 01:27, Warin <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> the tag could still be much more simple, e.g.
>> camping=pitch
>
> That looses a lot of information for simplicity.
>
> A compromise?
>
> camp:part=pitch ???

there is no information in this that isn’t there in camping=pitch
At most it might exclude only-one-pitch-camp-sites from being tagged with it (a part cannot be the whole)

In the end it doesn’t really matter which exact words are found, as long as they don’t suggest it is something else (like a kind of camp_site), that’s why I would prefer as few underscores, hyphens and colons as sensible.

Cheers, Martin