Freemap-OSM v0.0.3

Nick Whitelegg-2

Version 0.0.3 of Freemap-OSM, the updated version of Freemap which uses the
OSM data to display walking maps now available at

http://www.free-map.org.uk/osm/

Now with road numbers and differing levels of detail at different scales.
See my earlier post (November) for the keys and values that Freemap-OSM
understands.

Rather slow if at a low-resolution scale and there's lots of data - can you
tell the REST API to fetch gzipped data? Can't see anything in the
documentation.

Nick

Re: Freemap-OSM v0.0.3

Steve Coast

> Version 0.0.3 of Freemap-OSM, the updated version of Freemap which uses the
> OSM data to display walking maps now available at
>
> http://www.free-map.org.uk/osm/
>
> Now with road numbers and differing levels of detail at different scales.
> See my earlier post (November) for the keys and values that Freemap-OSM
> understands.

Cool! Any way you can work on this in the tile server?

> Rather slow if at a low-resolution scale and there's lots of data - can you
> tell the REST API to fetch gzipped data? Can't see anything in the
> documentation.

gzipped data is shipped to you via HTTP gzip-encoding if your HTTP
client supports it. you can tell because the xml is unformatted. If it's
formatted (pretty printed with tabs) then it wasn't encoded.

have fun,

SteveC [hidden email] http://www.asklater.com/steve/

Re: Freemap-OSM v0.0.3

Graham Wall
On 05/01/06, Nick Whitelegg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Now with road numbers and differing levels of detail at different scales.
> See my earlier post (November) for the keys and values that Freemap-OSM
> understands.
>

>From your earlier post I would guess that the difference in the
appearence of the path / roads / streets is derived from the 'class'
key. Is that correct?

I tried adding a 'class=primary' to a few roads around bath using
osmpedit, but no difference was shown in the freemap rendering of that
area. However, if I used osm-edit and set the segments to 'Primary'
then the road was drawn differently.

Graham