From the Australian Wiki page possible simplification of comments on the access tag

On the Australian tagging guidelines wiki page there are various
comments on the use of the access tag.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Australian_Tagging_Guidelines#Access_roads_on_public_land

The present content is, to say the least, confusing and may give the
wrong impression.

For example most access roads in National Parks that are restricted in
some way for access have signs on them .. surely these are clear enough
to add the correct access tag? A sign saying "Authorised Vehicles Only"
would be tagged access=private? And that can simply be stated?

Re: From the Australian Wiki page possible simplification of comments on the access tag

David Bannon-2
Hmm, yes Warin, I agree, I don't really understand what that para is
trying to tell me.
Your alternative seems reasonable. Shorter, clearer.

David