Fw: OpenStreetMap in New Zealand

Mikel Maron
fyi, crisis mapping community is gearing up to support NZ efforts.

== Mikel Maron ==
+14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron

Re: Fw: OpenStreetMap in New Zealand

Frédéric Bonifas
Hi,

Cloudmade Garmin maps are debug ones, so usually ugly and not
dispaying all the features.
For a generic link, http://garmin.na1400.info/ has world coverage.

Frédéric

2011/2/22 Mikel Maron <[hidden email]>:

> fyi, crisis mapping community is gearing up to support NZ efforts.
>
> == Mikel Maron ==
> +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron

+33672652807 skype:fredericbonifas

Re: Fw: OpenStreetMap in New Zealand

Floris Looijesteijn
But that states:

"This subproject is on hold for the time being. "

and

"These downloads are not available for the time being."

I will ask Lambertus what the status is...

Greets,
Floris

2011/2/22 Frédéric Bonifas <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> Cloudmade Garmin maps are debug ones, so usually ugly and not
> dispaying all the features.
> For a generic link, http://garmin.na1400.info/ has world coverage.
>
> Frédéric
>
> 2011/2/22 Mikel Maron <[hidden email]>:
>> fyi, crisis mapping community is gearing up to support NZ efforts.
>>
>> == Mikel Maron ==
>> +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron

Yes sorry my link was too short,
http://garmin.na1400.info/routable.php is the good one.
http://planetosm.oxilion.nl/~lambertus/garmin/routable/12-02-2011/63240384.img
is the tile covering Christchurch, and the download works here. "data
from: 12-02-2011"

Frédéric

2011/2/22 Floris Looijesteijn <[hidden email]>:

> But that states:
>
> "This subproject is on hold for the time being. "
>
> and
>
> "These downloads are not available for the time being."
>
> I will ask Lambertus what the status is...
>
> Greets,
> Floris
>
> 2011/2/22 Frédéric Bonifas <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Cloudmade Garmin maps are debug ones, so usually ugly and not
>> dispaying all the features.
>> For a generic link, http://garmin.na1400.info/ has world coverage.
>>
>> Frédéric
>>
>> 2011/2/22 Mikel Maron <[hidden email]>:
>>> fyi, crisis mapping community is gearing up to support NZ efforts.
>>>
>>> == Mikel Maron ==
>>> +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron

Sam Vekemans
FYI
All of the Garmin Maps are here

I'm just testing the mapsource file.
and it works great :)

Cheers,
Sam

Here's a screen view (and link)

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 7:42 AM, Floris Looijesteijn <[hidden email]> wrote:
But that states:

"This subproject is on hold for the time being. "

and

"These downloads are not available for the time being."

I will ask Lambertus what the status is...

Greets,
Floris

2011/2/22 Frédéric Bonifas <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
>
> Cloudmade Garmin maps are debug ones, so usually ugly and not
> dispaying all the features.
> For a generic link, http://garmin.na1400.info/ has world coverage.
>
> Frédéric
>
> 2011/2/22 Mikel Maron <[hidden email]>:
>> fyi, crisis mapping community is gearing up to support NZ efforts.
>>
>> == Mikel Maron ==
>> +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron

Christchurch earthquake wiki page

Harry Wood
I created a wiki page:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/2011_Christchurch_earthquake

By the way I noticed there's already a bunch of garmin downloads listed here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/Download#Oceania

...but feel free to add more resources to the list

If past experience is anything to go by, this page will get messy pretty
quickly, but I'll take this opportunity to point out that it isn't *necessarily*

a  good idea to create sub-pages and menu navigation templates. These  things
can be useful for coping with expanding messy content, but keeping the content
tidy (*delete* unnecessary stuff) is a good idea too. I suggest we expand onto
new pages as and when it becomes necessary.

Harry Wood

Re: Fw: OpenStreetMap in New Zealand

Sam Larsen

Thanks to HOT for helping in whatever capacity.
Unfortunately when there is an emergency in my country i have a bad flu and am stranded without internet for a week :(

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

fyi, crisis mapping community is gearing up to support NZ efforts.

== Mikel Maron ==
+14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron

Re: OpenStreetMap in New Zealand

Tim McNamara