Fwd: Helping with Sumatra Response Map

Mike  Dupont
fyi, can somone contact him?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nicholas Doiron <[hidden email]>
Date: Wed, May 19, 2010 at 4:58 AM
Subject: Helping with Sumatra Response Map
To: [hidden email]
Cc: [hidden email], [hidden email]

Hi,

I am interested in working with HumaniNet on the crisis map of Sumatra.

I have experience programming with the Google Maps API and Mapplets such
as the response map.  I helped a small crisis-mapping group in the
Philippines after Typhoon Ondoy last fall, and have developed
low-bandwidth and offline mapping programs for the OLPC laptop.

In particular, I could help with converting MapAction data to KML
overlays, using Google's Static Maps API or WalkingPapers.org for quicker
map viewing, or other steps to help make the map effective for more users.

Please let me know if this would be helpful.

Regards,
Nick Doiron
Student, Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA, USA