GPS errors on a BU-353

David Bannon-2

Hi Folks, in the past I have used a Garmin eTrex connected to a laptop (via a serial cable and a serial to USB adaptor). Thought life would be easier with a USB Mouse and purchased a BU-353, however, am a little surprised to see what seems a noisier signal. For example, I drove down a dirt road with some overhanging trees and the resulting track was noticably more jaggy that when I first recorded that same road using the Garmin.

Larger (and more open roads) don't seem to be an issue. Has anyone any experance with the sensitivity of these (BU-353) devices ? Should I expect better or worse than my several years old Garmin ?

David