GPX filenames

Jeremy Davis-2
Do all gpx file uploads need to be named seperately, or can you use
the same filename for every upload? If all gpx uploads share the same
filename (even with different track points), does all the info get
meshed together, or some deleted? Thanks in advance!

Jeremy

Re: GPX filenames

Steve Coast
> Do all gpx file uploads need to be named seperately, or can you use
> the same filename for every upload? If all gpx uploads share the same
> filename (even with different track points), does all the info get
> meshed together, or some deleted? Thanks in advance!

Same filename should be fine, things are handled via a unique ID and not
the filename.

Of course, I havn't actually tried...

have fun,

SteveC [hidden email] http://www.asklater.com/steve/

Re: GPX filenames

frank mohr
SteveC wrote:

> * @ 08/01/06 06:49:48 PM [hidden email] wrote:
>
>>Do all gpx file uploads need to be named seperately, or can you use
>>the same filename for every upload? If all gpx uploads share the same
>>filename (even with different track points), does all the info get
>>meshed together, or some deleted? Thanks in advance!
>

> Same filename should be fine, things are handled via a unique ID and not
> the filename.

how do you handle delete/edit without unique filename?

frank

Re: GPX filenames

Steve Coast

> SteveC wrote:
> > * @ 08/01/06 06:49:48 PM [hidden email] wrote:
> >
> >>Do all gpx file uploads need to be named seperately, or can you use
> >>the same filename for every upload? If all gpx uploads share the same
> >>filename (even with different track points), does all the info get
> >>meshed together, or some deleted? Thanks in advance!
> >

> > Same filename should be fine, things are handled via a unique ID and not
> > the filename.
>
> how do you handle delete/edit without unique filename?

it'll delete based on unique ID, every gpx has one

SteveC wrote:

> * @ 08/01/06 07:43:07 PM [hidden email] wrote:
>
>>SteveC wrote:

>>>Same filename should be fine, things are handled via a unique ID and not
>>>the filename.
>>
>>how do you handle delete/edit without unique filename?
>

> it'll delete based on unique ID, every gpx has one

sorry .. the main point was missing in my question
i mean
on the upload page, the use can delete or view the uploaded gpx files
if he uses the same filename for more than one upload, he probably can't
handle older files with the same name

Re: GPX filenames

Thomas Walraet
Frank Mohr a écrit :

> on the upload page, the use can delete or view the uploaded gpx files
> if he uses the same filename for more than one upload, he probably can't
> handle older files with the same name

Look at the url when you move your mouse over the "delete" links. It's
something like
http://www.openstreetmap.org/upload.html?action=delete&gpxuid=1645

1645 is the unique id of my file 2006_01_05_OSM_Ile_Saint_Louis.gpx

OSM use this id to refer to the file. Not the file name. So we can have
many file with the same name without problems.

--
Thomas, tout juste de retour d'une bonne heure et demi de roller sous la
pluie pour faire le tour de la place de la Nation (Paris) avec le début