GPX server output deprecated?

Immanuel Scholz
Hi,

is the GPX output of the server deprecated and will be shut down as soon
as a stable other schema is established or will it be updated along with
another standard as "just give me GPS only data"?

More specific: Is it sane to continue submit bugs within the GPX API?

Ciao, Imi.

Re: GPX server output deprecated?

Steve Coast
> Hi,
>
> is the GPX output of the server deprecated and will be shut down as soon
> as a stable other schema is established or will it be updated along with
> another standard as "just give me GPS only data"?
>
> More specific: Is it sane to continue submit bugs within the GPX API?

Ah-ha, have you noticed the 0.2 API? It's what the applet uses now. I
meant to post this, but been busy.

So there is an api in /0.2/ (see the REST page on the wiki to figure out
what this means). It's broadly similar to the XML Schema page and yes,
it even sort of implements key/val. Or, tags as I'm calling them now.

It's not complete. The REST page isn't up to date with it (please feel
free to update). The applet doesn't use it fully.

So, yes, I was planning on deprecating the GPX-based 0.1 API apart from
trackpoints

have fun,

SteveC [hidden email] http://www.asklater.com/steve/

Re: GPX server output deprecated?

Nick Whitelegg
> Ah-ha, have you noticed the 0.2 API? It's what the applet uses now. I
> meant to post this, but been busy.
>
> So there is an api in /0.2/ (see the REST page on the wiki to figure out
> what this means). It's broadly similar to the XML Schema page and yes,
> it even sort of implements key/val. Or, tags as I'm calling them now.

Hello Steve,

This is good news :-) Looks like the merging of Freemap data with OSM could be
imminent...
Can you give me an idea of where the best place to figure out the API is?

Thanks,
Nick

Re: GPX server output deprecated?

Steve Coast

> > Ah-ha, have you noticed the 0.2 API? It's what the applet uses now. I
> > meant to post this, but been busy.
> >
> > So there is an api in /0.2/ (see the REST page on the wiki to figure out
> > what this means). It's broadly similar to the XML Schema page and yes,
> > it even sort of implements key/val. Or, tags as I'm calling them now.
> >
> Hello Steve,
>
> This is good news :-) Looks like the merging of Freemap data with OSM could be
> imminent...
> Can you give me an idea of where the best place to figure out the API is?

The REST page, as I said, isn't documented but it's the best guide right
now. Put 0.2 instead of 0.1 in and see what you get.

have fun,

SteveC [hidden email] http://www.asklater.com/steve/

Re: GPX server output deprecated?

Nick Whitelegg-2

Hello Steve,

Do you mean try the URL

http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.2

and see what it lists?

I get a 404 error :-)

Same happens when I use 0.1 not 0.2... obviously I'm doing something wrong.

Nick

Re: GPX server output deprecated?

Tom Carden
Nick Whitelegg wrote:

> Do you mean try the URL
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.2
>
> and see what it lists?
>
> I get a 404 error :-)

That's not what he meant, but it would be a nice place to stick the API
documentation once a version is finished/abandoned, Steve?

> Same happens when I use 0.1 not 0.2... obviously I'm doing something
> wrong.

Yeah, I think he means you should construct a working 0.1 API URL, and
then substitute 0.2 and see what happens :)

Then you can unpick the file format for yourself... or wait for him to
document it.  /me prods Steve with the documentation stick.

T.

Re: GPX server output deprecated?

Steve Coast
Read the REST page. Read the REST page. Read the REST page. :-)

You'll see there are lots of URL's listed there

* @ 26/10/05 09:01:05 AM [hidden email] wrote:

> Nick Whitelegg wrote:
> >
> > Do you mean try the URL
> >
> > http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.2
> >
> > and see what it lists?
> >
> > I get a 404 error :-)
>
> That's not what he meant, but it would be a nice place to stick the API
> documentation once a version is finished/abandoned, Steve?
>

> > Same happens when I use 0.1 not 0.2... obviously I'm doing something
> > wrong.
> >

> Yeah, I think he means you should construct a working 0.1 API URL, and
> then substitute 0.2 and see what happens :)

Yeah

> Then you can unpick the file format for yourself... or wait for him to
> document it.  /me prods Steve with the documentation stick.

Yeah. No time right now, but it shouldn't be that complicated.

have fun,

SteveC [hidden email] http://www.asklater.com/steve/

Re: GPX server output deprecated?

Immanuel Scholz

> It's broadly similar to the XML Schema page and yes, it even sort of
> implements key/val. Or, tags as I'm calling them now.

Can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE document the API, especally the
differences to the XML schema from the wiki. I have only today's and
tomorrow's evening left to code until my vacatation and want to release a
JOSM version which can be used to do anything useful (=upload data).

> So, yes, I was planning on deprecating the GPX-based 0.1 API apart from
> trackpoints

What will be the way to retrieve trackpoints? Through the 0.1 API or
with 0.2 but GPX as transport format?
Will the "5000 points / pages" thingie remain?

Ciao, Imi.