Getting started

Abhishek Kumar
Hello
I am a Computer Science undergrad I want to get involved in open street map development please help me with some relevant links and newbie bugs from where I can start.
Thanks
Abhishek Kumar

Re: Getting started

Michael Heißmeier-2
Hello Abhishek,

Abhishek Kumar schrieb 2016-01-09 15:46:
Hello
I am a Computer Science undergrad I want to get involved in open street map development please help me with some relevant links and newbie bugs from where I can start.
Thanks
Abhishek Kumar

that mainly depends on what you specifically mean by development. OpenStreetMap first of all is a database and there are many pieces of software involved when it comes to entering data or extracting data and generating useful representations of them.

A good overview over possible development tasks in the OpenStreetMap universe is the wiki
No matter what your specific expertise is, you will find something there.

Apart from that there are still numerous areas with little datacoverage and the documentation could still be expanded but from what you write I guess that you are primarily interested in software development.

Hope that helps

Michael
(osm:michael63)