Goyder's Lagoon

I have made a rough entry for Goyder's Lagoon - South Aust. above Lake
Eyre - about thesame size.
The boundary is rough because, as you would expect, the rain fall
determines where it is and that varies from fall to fall.
Yes, it is tagged intermittent.

I make the comment here so those surprised by it's sudden appearance
have some idea of what it is. ~ 80% of the water headed to Lake Eyre
disappears on its way there .. and this is one of the major places where
that disappearance takes place. So I think it needs some representation
on the map.

Thoughts?

Re: Goyder's Lagoon

cleary
Agree completely

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018, at 10:02 AM, Warin wrote:

> Hi,
> I have made a rough entry for Goyder's Lagoon - South Aust. above Lake
> Eyre - about thesame size.
> The boundary is rough because, as you would expect, the rain fall
> determines where it is and that varies from fall to fall.
> Yes, it is tagged intermittent.
>
> I make the comment here so those surprised by it's sudden appearance
> have some idea of what it is. ~ 80% of the water headed to Lake Eyre
> disappears on its way there .. and this is one of the major places where
> that disappearance takes place. So I think it needs some representation
> on the map.
>
> Thoughts?

Re: Goyder's Lagoon

Warin
Possibly too hasty?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goyder_Lagoon

Wikipedia has it as an ephemeral swamp ..:-)

Would that be better? Tag it as swamp, intermittent ???
After all the area is not really covered in water .. water flows through it but not really covers it ???

Not certain if I'd call ephemeral?

On 10/12/18 10:17, cleary wrote:

> Agree completely
>

> On Mon, 10 Dec 2018, at 10:02 AM, Warin wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have made a rough entry for Goyder's Lagoon - South Aust. above Lake
>> Eyre - about thesame size.
>> The boundary is rough because, as you would expect, the rain fall
>> determines where it is and that varies from fall to fall.
>> Yes, it is tagged intermittent.
>>
>> I make the comment here so those surprised by it's sudden appearance
>> have some idea of what it is. ~ 80% of the water headed to Lake Eyre
>> disappears on its way there .. and this is one of the major places where
>> that disappearance takes place. So I think it needs some representation
>> on the map.
>>
>> Thoughts?

Re: Goyder's Lagoon

Stephen Backway
I agree with your revised suggestion of swamp, intermittent as a closer approximation of Goyders Lagoon.
Stephen.