HOT/HDM web rendering

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
22 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

HOT/HDM web rendering

Yohan Boniface-2
Hi Hotties,

It's time to introduce the work being done on a humanitarian (HDM)
specific rendering.

TL;DR: http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728

The Humanitarian Data Model (HDM [1]) is the name of the HOT initiative
aiming to integrate humanitarian tagging scheme in OSM. As part of the
CAP103 project (Northern Haiti), we took the opportunity to refine it.
There are four components to this work:
- clean the HDM preset, ensure it is well integrated with OpenStreetMap
tagging habits [2]
- develop an extension of the HOT export tool which allows to transform
OSM tags into attributes values from reference existing schemas used by
humanitarian and development field workers
- work on a JOSM style to ease use of the preset [3]
- create a web rendering that highlight the HDM

I will now share with you the work in progress on the web rendering step.

This web rendering has several goals:
One is simply to give editors a way to see the HDM OSM data without
having to use JOSM or a SQL console.
Another is to give humanitarian actors and developing countries a web
map that gives them the information they need, making OSM more and more
useful.
Finally, this is the occasion for HOT to have its own rendering, a nice
way to illustrate its work!

What does "highlight the HDM" means for a rendering? The main principle
is that each tag considered meaningful for the HDM should be rendered.
Here are some examples:
- road surface and smoothness are rendered (eg.
http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#15/18.6665/-72.3048 where
a piece of the primary road is unpaved)
- water well are rendered (eg.
http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#19/19.67901/-72.12665,
icons work in progress ;) )
- street lamps are rendered (same link)
- The craft tags are rendered
(http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#19/19.67048/-72.12274)
- NGOs have their icons, for example:
http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#19/19.75957/-72.20532
Also:
- terrain data is included (will be colorized:
http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#11/19.5944/-72.1108)
- zoom until 20 is allowed: the goal is to enable mapping in very
detailed instances. For example, camps (fire hydrants are already
rendered:
http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#20/19.76066/-72.20188 )

You can use this link to compare the HDM styling with the official OSM
rendering: http://compare.fluv.io/

All the work is of course open source, hosted on Github [4] (note that
the name is temporary, any thoughts on what the name of the rendering
should eventually officially be is welcome -- HOT Style, perhaps?). It's
a TileMill/CartoCSS project.
Regarding the icons, we are using the Maki [5] project when possible,
plus the OCHA humanitarians icons [6] and Noun Project icons with
compliant license (CC0). Otherwise we design them. In each case, we
follow the Maki design rules [7].

As you can see, the actual demo tile service is focused on Haiti. This
is for two reasons: firstly, this work is part of the HOT current
haitian project (CAP103); secondly, the cleaned HDM has been first
tested/used on the Haitian Northern corridor. We will add more countries
ASAP.

Thanks in advance for your feedback on the work. The preferred way for
giving feedback is to open issues on the Github page, but emails and IRC
(#hot) are also good. Regardless of the source, we'd love feedback  :)

Thanks!

Yohan, for the CAP103 team


[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Tags
[2]
http://hot.openstreetmap.org/updates/2013-06-07_humanitarian_data_model_redux
[3] http://hot.openstreetmap.org/updates/hdmjosm
[4] https://github.com/hotosm/HDM-CartoCSS
[5] http://mapbox.com/maki/
[6] http://thenounproject.com/collections/ocha-humanitarian-icons/
[7] https://github.com/mapbox/maki/#notes-on-contributing

_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HOT/HDM web rendering

David Schmitt
Hi Yohan,

On 2013-06-20 23:00, Yohan Boniface wrote:
> Hi Hotties,
>
> It's time to introduce the work being done on a humanitarian (HDM)
> specific rendering.
>
> TL;DR: http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728

> I will now share with you the work in progress on the web rendering step.
>
> This web rendering has several goals:
> One is simply to give editors a way to see the HDM OSM data without
> having to use JOSM or a SQL console.
> Another is to give humanitarian actors and developing countries a web
> map that gives them the information they need, making OSM more and more
> useful.
> Finally, this is the occasion for HOT to have its own rendering, a nice
> way to illustrate its work!
>
> What does "highlight the HDM" means for a rendering? The main principle
> is that each tag considered meaningful for the HDM should be rendered.
> Here are some examples:
> - road surface and smoothness are rendered (eg.
> http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#15/18.6665/-72.3048 where
> a piece of the primary road is unpaved)
> - water well are rendered (eg.
> http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#19/19.67901/-72.12665,
> icons work in progress ;) )
> - street lamps are rendered (same link)
> - The craft tags are rendered
> (http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#19/19.67048/-72.12274)
> - NGOs have their icons, for example:
> http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#19/19.75957/-72.20532
> Also:
> - terrain data is included (will be colorized:
> http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#11/19.5944/-72.1108)
> - zoom until 20 is allowed: the goal is to enable mapping in very
> detailed instances. For example, camps (fire hydrants are already
> rendered:
> http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#20/19.76066/-72.20188 )

Very awesome indeed! I think it is a very important step for HOT to have
the entered data visible on a map. It is necessary to both provide
feedback to the editors as well as to have a simple and tangible result
to communicate to people outside of the project.

Something I'm missing is a map key. It's hard to infer the actual state
of a road from its color on the map, without guidance.


Keep up the amazing work :-)



Regards, David

_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HOT/HDM web rendering

Stéphane Henriod
Hi Yohan!

this is indeed amazing and exaclty what was needed! So many people have already complained that they digitize stuff "that doesn't appear on the map"!

I second David, once the icons and styles will be in reasonnably final stage, it would be necessary to have a map legend / key. And also maybe to host it on a server with a shorter / more explicit name (humanitarianmap.org? or whatever in this direction). And, naturally, if there was a possibility to serve the whole planet file, it would be even more amazing! :-)

Very well done the CAP103 team!

Stéphane


--
"Le mot progrès n'aura aucun sens tant qu'il y aura des enfants malheureux" -- Albert Einstein

"A journey does not need reasons. Before long, it proves to be reason enough in itself. One thinks that one is going to make a journey, yet soon it is the journey that makes or unmakes you." -- Nicolas Bouvier

Photos de voyages, photos de montagne: http://www.henriod.info  


On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 8:18 AM, David Schmitt <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Yohan,

On 2013-06-20 23:00, Yohan Boniface wrote:
Hi Hotties,

It's time to introduce the work being done on a humanitarian (HDM)
specific rendering.

TL;DR: http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728

I will now share with you the work in progress on the web rendering step.

This web rendering has several goals:
One is simply to give editors a way to see the HDM OSM data without
having to use JOSM or a SQL console.
Another is to give humanitarian actors and developing countries a web
map that gives them the information they need, making OSM more and more
useful.
Finally, this is the occasion for HOT to have its own rendering, a nice
way to illustrate its work!

What does "highlight the HDM" means for a rendering? The main principle
is that each tag considered meaningful for the HDM should be rendered.
Here are some examples:
- road surface and smoothness are rendered (eg.
http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#15/18.6665/-72.3048 where
a piece of the primary road is unpaved)
- water well are rendered (eg.
http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#19/19.67901/-72.12665,
icons work in progress ;) )
- street lamps are rendered (same link)
- The craft tags are rendered
(http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#19/19.67048/-72.12274)
- NGOs have their icons, for example:
http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#19/19.75957/-72.20532
Also:
- terrain data is included (will be colorized:
http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#11/19.5944/-72.1108)
- zoom until 20 is allowed: the goal is to enable mapping in very
detailed instances. For example, camps (fire hydrants are already
rendered:
http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#20/19.76066/-72.20188 )

Very awesome indeed! I think it is a very important step for HOT to have the entered data visible on a map. It is necessary to both provide feedback to the editors as well as to have a simple and tangible result to communicate to people outside of the project.

Something I'm missing is a map key. It's hard to infer the actual state of a road from its color on the map, without guidance.


Keep up the amazing work :-)



Regards, David

_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot


_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HOT/HDM web rendering

Fran Boon
In reply to this post by Yohan Boniface-2
On 20 June 2013 22:00, Yohan Boniface <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It's time to introduce the work being done on a humanitarian (HDM) specific
> rendering.
> TL;DR: http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728

Awesome stuff - really shows the value of working in OSM...thank you so much :)

I'd be keen to make this the default basemap for Sahana deployments.
You say that you'll be adding more countries - do you see this server
as being one which will be a reliable/scalable service we can point
users at or should we look to set that up elsewhere?

Many thanks!

Fran.

_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HOT/HDM web rendering

Banick, Robert
In reply to this post by Stéphane Henriod

Hi Yohan,

 

Fantastic! I’ve had numerous trainees complain about stuff not showing up on the map, and wow, this gets right at that. It also looks better than the default OSM tiles :-)

 

Totally agreed that a legend / map key is needed. The American Red Cross would be happy to help with making that if we can get specifications on what’s needed / how you’d like to see it.

 

Speaking of which, if we have anything else in mind that might merit a place on the map, would we be able to discuss with you all further and/or assist with symbology? We’re eager to be contributors and not just users.

 

Cheers,

Robert

 

Robert Banick | Field GIS Coordinator | International Services | Ì American Red Cross

 

From: Stéphane Henriod [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2013 2:51 AM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [HOT] HOT/HDM web rendering

 

Hi Yohan!

this is indeed amazing and exaclty what was needed! So many people have already complained that they digitize stuff "that doesn't appear on the map"!

I second David, once the icons and styles will be in reasonnably final stage, it would be necessary to have a map legend / key. And also maybe to host it on a server with a shorter / more explicit name (humanitarianmap.org? or whatever in this direction). And, naturally, if there was a possibility to serve the whole planet file, it would be even more amazing! :-)

Very well done the CAP103 team!

Stéphane


--
"Le mot progrès n'aura aucun sens tant qu'il y aura des enfants malheureux" -- Albert Einstein

"A journey does not need reasons. Before long, it proves to be reason enough in itself. One thinks that one is going to make a journey, yet soon it is the journey that makes or unmakes you." -- Nicolas Bouvier

Photos de voyages, photos de montagne: http://www.henriod.info  

 

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 8:18 AM, David Schmitt <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Yohan,

On 2013-06-20 23:00, Yohan Boniface wrote:

Hi Hotties,

It's time to introduce the work being done on a humanitarian (HDM)
specific rendering.

TL;DR: http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728

 

I will now share with you the work in progress on the web rendering step.

This web rendering has several goals:
One is simply to give editors a way to see the HDM OSM data without
having to use JOSM or a SQL console.
Another is to give humanitarian actors and developing countries a web
map that gives them the information they need, making OSM more and more
useful.
Finally, this is the occasion for HOT to have its own rendering, a nice
way to illustrate its work!

What does "highlight the HDM" means for a rendering? The main principle
is that each tag considered meaningful for the HDM should be rendered.
Here are some examples:
- road surface and smoothness are rendered (eg.
http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#15/18.6665/-72.3048 where
a piece of the primary road is unpaved)
- water well are rendered (eg.
http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#19/19.67901/-72.12665,
icons work in progress ;) )
- street lamps are rendered (same link)
- The craft tags are rendered
(http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#19/19.67048/-72.12274)
- NGOs have their icons, for example:
http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#19/19.75957/-72.20532
Also:
- terrain data is included (will be colorized:
http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#11/19.5944/-72.1108)
- zoom until 20 is allowed: the goal is to enable mapping in very
detailed instances. For example, camps (fire hydrants are already
rendered:
http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#20/19.76066/-72.20188 )


Very awesome indeed! I think it is a very important step for HOT to have the entered data visible on a map. It is necessary to both provide feedback to the editors as well as to have a simple and tangible result to communicate to people outside of the project.

Something I'm missing is a map key. It's hard to infer the actual state of a road from its color on the map, without guidance.


Keep up the amazing work :-)



Regards, David

_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot

 


_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HOT/HDM web rendering

Chris Blow
<base href="x-msg://186/">Yohan,

Excellent work, thrilled about this!

The HDM-specific rendering + iconography is critical!

great work/more please :)

c


On Jun 21, 2013, at 7:15 AM, "Banick, Robert" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Yohan,
 
Fantastic! I’ve had numerous trainees complain about stuff not showing up on the map, and wow, this gets right at that. It also looks better than the default OSM tiles :-)
 
Totally agreed that a legend / map key is needed. The American Red Cross would be happy to help with making that if we can get specifications on what’s needed / how you’d like to see it.
 
Speaking of which, if we have anything else in mind that might merit a place on the map, would we be able to discuss with you all further and/or assist with symbology? We’re eager to be contributors and not just users.
 
Cheers,
Robert
 
Robert Banick | Field GIS Coordinator | International Services | Ì American Red Cross
 
From: Stéphane Henriod [mailto:[hidden email]] 
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2013 2:51 AM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [HOT] HOT/HDM web rendering
 

Hi Yohan!

this is indeed amazing and exaclty what was needed! So many people have already complained that they digitize stuff "that doesn't appear on the map"!

I second David, once the icons and styles will be in reasonnably final stage, it would be necessary to have a map legend / key. And also maybe to host it on a server with a shorter / more explicit name (humanitarianmap.org? or whatever in this direction). And, naturally, if there was a possibility to serve the whole planet file, it would be even more amazing! :-)

Very well done the CAP103 team!

Stéphane


--
"Le mot progrès n'aura aucun sens tant qu'il y aura des enfants malheureux" -- Albert Einstein

"A journey does not need reasons. Before long, it proves to be reason enough in itself. One thinks that one is going to make a journey, yet soon it is the journey that makes or unmakes you." -- Nicolas Bouvier

Photos de voyages, photos de montagne: http://www.henriod.info  

 

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 8:18 AM, David Schmitt <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Yohan,

On 2013-06-20 23:00, Yohan Boniface wrote:
Hi Hotties,

It's time to introduce the work being done on a humanitarian (HDM)
specific rendering.

TL;DR: http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728
 
I will now share with you the work in progress on the web rendering step.

This web rendering has several goals:
One is simply to give editors a way to see the HDM OSM data without
having to use JOSM or a SQL console.
Another is to give humanitarian actors and developing countries a web
map that gives them the information they need, making OSM more and more
useful.
Finally, this is the occasion for HOT to have its own rendering, a nice
way to illustrate its work!

What does "highlight the HDM" means for a rendering? The main principle
is that each tag considered meaningful for the HDM should be rendered.
Here are some examples:
- road surface and smoothness are rendered (eg.
http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#15/18.6665/-72.3048 where
a piece of the primary road is unpaved)
- water well are rendered (eg.
http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#19/19.67901/-72.12665,
icons work in progress ;) )
- street lamps are rendered (same link)
- The craft tags are rendered
(http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#19/19.67048/-72.12274)
- NGOs have their icons, for example:
http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#19/19.75957/-72.20532
Also:
- terrain data is included (will be colorized:
http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#11/19.5944/-72.1108)
- zoom until 20 is allowed: the goal is to enable mapping in very
detailed instances. For example, camps (fire hydrants are already
rendered:
http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#20/19.76066/-72.20188 )

Very awesome indeed! I think it is a very important step for HOT to have the entered data visible on a map. It is necessary to both provide feedback to the editors as well as to have a simple and tangible result to communicate to people outside of the project.

Something I'm missing is a map key. It's hard to infer the actual state of a road from its color on the map, without guidance.


Keep up the amazing work :-)



Regards, David

_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
 
_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot


_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HOT/HDM web rendering

Harry Wood
In reply to this post by Fran Boon
Yohan can speak for himself if he's on his emails from Haiti, but I think I can answer some of these questions.

Roger Banick said:
> if we have anything else in mind that might merit a place on the map, would we be able to discuss with you all further
> and/or assist with symbology? We’re eager to be contributors and not just users

Yohan's been beavering away on this on github, https://github.com/hotosm/HDM-CartoCSS 
including making use of the 'issues' to guide his work, so I guess he'll welcome your suggestions (and pull requests!) there.

> Fran said:
> I'd be keen to make this the default basemap for Sahana deployments.
> You say that you'll be adding more countries - do you see this server
> as being one which will be a reliable/scalable service we can point
> users at or should we look to set that up elsewhere?

Good question Fran.  I don't he's making any promises about the availability and scalability of his umpa.fluv.io server  .  Stephanie was also suggesting it be hosted at a shorter more explicit URL (This is trivial for a web map, but this suggestion applies to the tiles themselves)

In general HOT would like to firm up some of the services we're using/dependent upon, hence this idea of having a sysadmin to install and oversee things: http://hot.openstreetmap.org/hot_tech_challenge_services_set_up_monitoring_and_administration    A tile server with this custom rendering could be such a "high availability" service. I think that would be a good idea. We wouldn't necessarily want to install mapnik & diff updating somewhere though, because we have a free Mapbox account, so that would be easiest. To be discussed.

Harry Wood

_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HOT/HDM web rendering

Fran Boon
On 21 June 2013 18:28, Harry Wood <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Fran said:
>> I'd be keen to make this the default basemap for Sahana deployments.
>> You say that you'll be adding more countries - do you see this server
>> as being one which will be a reliable/scalable service we can point
>> users at or should we look to set that up elsewhere?
> Good question Fran.  I don't he's making any promises about the availability and scalability of his umpa.fluv.io server  .  Stephanie was also suggesting it be hosted at a shorter more explicit URL (This is trivial for a web map, but this     > suggestion applies to the tiles themselves)
> In general HOT would like to firm up some of the services we're using/dependent upon, hence this idea of having a sysadmin to install and oversee things: >http://hot.openstreetmap.org/hot_tech_challenge_services_set_up_monitoring_and_administration    A tile server with this custom rendering could be such a "high availability" service. I think that would be a good idea. We wouldn't >necessarily want to install mapnik & diff updating somewhere though, because we have a free Mapbox account, so that would be easiest. To be discussed.

Absolutely makes sense to use MapBox for this, especially if HOT can
get free service :)

I'd be happy to take this task on, if-desired.

Best Wishes,
Fran.

_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HOT/HDM web rendering

Yohan Boniface-2
In reply to this post by Harry Wood
Hi all,

Thanks for your great feedback!
And thanks Harry for tackling some of the answers :)
(By the way, I'm back in Paris these days ;) )


@Stéphane, David, Robert, about the legend needed: I totally agree on this!
We already have an issue for this:
https://github.com/hotosm/HDM-CartoCSS/issues/44
I'm not sure how to handle this at the moment, but I'm sure that 1. we
have to do it 2. it must be automatic, because it must always be up to date.
I will try to take time on this ASAP, but if someone is faster than me,
the task is open :)

@Stéphane, Fran, about the wordlwide rendering
This is indeed something we want, and we will have.
On this I'm not sure of the right strategy for HOT.
My main point is that running a worldwide tiles service is quite
expensive, on server side and on human maintenance side. Especially
because I think that, nowadays, it doesn't make sense to run such a
service without minute diffs, because it is very deceptive to make
changes on the OSM database and not to see them before days or weeks.
And this is still a fragile and human time greedy technology, imho.
So for me it doesn't make sense to set up such a stack for only one
style to render, and so my opinion is that this is not something HOT
should spend energy on. But this is only my personal opinion, and I may
be wrong. ;)
But there are some community driven tiles server (OSM France has one for
example), and also some professional ones (Thunderforest, MapBox...),
and what we should do is to lean on such services.
Anyway, I know that we will host it on the OSM France server as soon as
we think the style has reached a 0.1 stable version. But the more
hosting services, the better. Centralization cost too much for community
based services, I think.
So answer is: no official tiles service for now as far as I know, but
quickly at least one non official worldwide.

@Robert, about collaboration: it would be really awesome to have you as
contributors on this project!
There is many room for this. We really want this project to be a
community driven project, just like all OSM projects.
Fist of all, if you have requests on the rendering, just create an issue
on the Github repository, I will tackle it!
Then, if you have cartographers and/or CartoCSS experts in your team
that want to participate, pull requests are really welcome.
Specifically on icons, there are tons of them to do, so if you have some
designer that want to do some of them, it can really help. The only
thing for now is to follow the maki design rules, to have a consistent
set (icon todo list is also on Github issues:
https://github.com/hotosm/HDM-CartoCSS/issues?labels=icon&page=1&state=open 
)


@all: as already said: don't hesitate to open issues for bugs, missing
info, everything :)
And if you are not comfortable with Github, push an email, jump on IRC
(#hot on oftc).
We want this rendering to be useful, and specifically useful for people
on the field.

Thanks again for you feedback :)

Yohan



On 06/21/2013 07:28 PM, Harry Wood wrote:

> Yohan can speak for himself if he's on his emails from Haiti, but I think I can answer some of these questions.
>
> Roger Banick said:
>> if we have anything else in mind that might merit a place on the map, would we be able to discuss with you all further
>> and/or assist with symbology? We’re eager to be contributors and not just users
>
> Yohan's been beavering away on this on github, https://github.com/hotosm/HDM-CartoCSS
> including making use of the 'issues' to guide his work, so I guess he'll welcome your suggestions (and pull requests!) there.
>
>> Fran said:
>> I'd be keen to make this the default basemap for Sahana deployments.
>> You say that you'll be adding more countries - do you see this server
>> as being one which will be a reliable/scalable service we can point
>> users at or should we look to set that up elsewhere?
>
> Good question Fran.  I don't he's making any promises about the availability and scalability of his umpa.fluv.io server  .  Stephanie was also suggesting it be hosted at a shorter more explicit URL (This is trivial for a web map, but this suggestion applies to the tiles themselves)
>
> In general HOT would like to firm up some of the services we're using/dependent upon, hence this idea of having a sysadmin to install and oversee things: http://hot.openstreetmap.org/hot_tech_challenge_services_set_up_monitoring_and_administration    A tile server with this custom rendering could be such a "high availability" service. I think that would be a good idea. We wouldn't necessarily want to install mapnik & diff updating somewhere though, because we have a free Mapbox account, so that would be easiest. To be discussed.
>
> Harry Wood
>
> _______________________________________________
> HOT mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
>

_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HOT/HDM web rendering

pierzen
In reply to this post by Yohan Boniface-2
Hi Yohan,

The CAP103 Team has done a great job with this HOT/HDM web rendering, and your web rendering is just fantastic.

I would like to look more closely at how the rendering takes care of Road classification vs surface and smoothness.

In your example below of rendering for road surface and smoothness, we see how a section of a primary road that is unpaved is rendered. For this section, the color for the primary road is grayed. This means that the surface and smoothness color scheme and have preseance over the road classification.

Would it be possible to render differently, without modification of the color representing the road classification? This way, we would not loose information about the road classification.

 
Pierre


De : Yohan Boniface <[hidden email]>
À : "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Envoyé le : Jeudi 20 juin 2013 17h00
Objet : [HOT] HOT/HDM web rendering

Hi Hotties,

It's time to introduce the work being done on a humanitarian (HDM)
specific rendering.

TL;DR: http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728

The Humanitarian Data Model (HDM [1]) is the name of the HOT initiative
aiming to integrate humanitarian tagging scheme in OSM. As part of the
CAP103 project (Northern Haiti), we took the opportunity to refine it.
There are four components to this work:
- clean the HDM preset, ensure it is well integrated with OpenStreetMap
tagging habits [2]
- develop an extension of the HOT export tool which allows to transform
OSM tags into attributes values from reference existing schemas used by
humanitarian and development field workers
- work on a JOSM style to ease use of the preset [3]
- create a web rendering that highlight the HDM

I will now share with you the work in progress on the web rendering step.

This web rendering has several goals:
One is simply to give editors a way to see the HDM OSM data without
having to use JOSM or a SQL console.
Another is to give humanitarian actors and developing countries a web
map that gives them the information they need, making OSM more and more
useful.
Finally, this is the occasion for HOT to have its own rendering, a nice
way to illustrate its work!

What does "highlight the HDM" means for a rendering? The main principle
is that each tag considered meaningful for the HDM should be rendered.
Here are some examples:
- road surface and smoothness are rendered (eg.
http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#15/18.6665/-72.3048 where
a piece of the primary road is unpaved)
- water well are rendered (eg.
http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#19/19.67901/-72.12665,
icons work in progress ;) )
- street lamps are rendered (same link)
- The craft tags are rendered
(http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#19/19.67048/-72.12274)
- NGOs have their icons, for example:
http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#19/19.75957/-72.20532
Also:
- terrain data is included (will be colorized:
http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#11/19.5944/-72.1108)
- zoom until 20 is allowed: the goal is to enable mapping in very
detailed instances. For example, camps (fire hydrants are already
rendered:
http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#20/19.76066/-72.20188 )

You can use this link to compare the HDM styling with the official OSM
rendering: http://compare.fluv.io/

All the work is of course open source, hosted on Github [4] (note that
the name is temporary, any thoughts on what the name of the rendering
should eventually officially be is welcome -- HOT Style, perhaps?). It's
a TileMill/CartoCSS project.
Regarding the icons, we are using the Maki [5] project when possible,
plus the OCHA humanitarians icons [6] and Noun Project icons with
compliant license (CC0). Otherwise we design them. In each case, we
follow the Maki design rules [7].

As you can see, the actual demo tile service is focused on Haiti. This
is for two reasons: firstly, this work is part of the HOT current
haitian project (CAP103); secondly, the cleaned HDM has been first
tested/used on the Haitian Northern corridor. We will add more countries
ASAP.

Thanks in advance for your feedback on the work. The preferred way for
giving feedback is to open issues on the Github page, but emails and IRC
(#hot) are also good. Regardless of the source, we'd love feedback  :)

Thanks!

Yohan, for the CAP103 team


[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Tags
[2]
http://hot.openstreetmap.org/updates/2013-06-07_humanitarian_data_model_redux
[3] http://hot.openstreetmap.org/updates/hdmjosm
[4] https://github.com/hotosm/HDM-CartoCSS
[5] http://mapbox.com/maki/
[6] http://thenounproject.com/collections/ocha-humanitarian-icons/
[7] https://github.com/mapbox/maki/#notes-on-contributing

_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot



_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HOT/HDM web rendering

Yohan Boniface-2
Hello Pierre,

I understand your point. The HDM rendering is work in progress, so
certainly the road rendering point have to be refined, but let me argue
a little bit on the current choices.

* first point, which is for me an important point: in my understanding
of the project, the HDM rendering targets *users* more than *OSM
editors*; what this means is that we should render the OSM infos, but
not necessarily the OSM *data scheme* for itself; this is a main
principle I'm working with in mind.
So for example in the road case, what in my opinion is important to
render is a clear *hierarchy* of the roads, something like: this one
sounds like a big, well maintained road, where this one is clearly small
and in bad conditions. But the fact that it's tagged as a primary road
in itself is a *OSM editor private information*.

* Road rendering is not just color. It's: color + border color, width,
border width, fill pattern, border pattern, name, optional shield.
The smoothness only alters the fill *pattern*, and so the color is
unchanged. Other example: the "narrow" tag only alter the width. On the
other hand, the surface, as you've seen, alters the color, but only the
color: all the other elements are kept as is. So in my opinion, but I
may be wrong, the level of the road in the hierarchy is still clear,
while it is also clear that this piece of road is not good.

* OSM has billions of informations. Creating a rendering means making
choices. Making choices in what to display or not, of course. But mostly
making choices in the hierarchy of the infos we want to display. And the
hard thing here is that the more one specific info is visible, the more
noise it creates for the other infos around. Believe me, it's hard to
find the limit between the info and the noise ;)
Thus, it's also important, in my point of view, to keep the color
spectrum as simple as possible. To be clear it's not possible to keep it
simple, but we should try hard. For this reason, in my opinion, it would
be a bad idea to try to create an "unpaved" new range of colors, like
for example: black red for normal primary road, and light red for
unpaved primary road. And so this is why I've chosen to use just one
color for unpaved road, keeping, as said before, all the other rendering
elements as is.

Anyway, I've heard and understood your concerns. I believe in my current
choices, as exposed here, but I will run a neurone in background task to
see what I can do better in surface road rendering :)

Yohan



On 06/21/2013 09:21 PM, Pierre Béland wrote:

> Hi Yohan,
>
> The CAP103 Team has done a great job with this HOT/HDM web rendering,
> and your web rendering is just fantastic.
>
> I would like to look more closely at how the rendering takes care of
> Road classification vs surface and smoothness.
>
> In your example below of rendering for road surface and smoothness, we
> see how a section of a primary road that is unpaved is rendered. For
> this section, the color for the primary road is grayed. This means that
> the surface and smoothness color scheme and have preseance over the road
> classification.
>
> Would it be possible to render differently, without modification of the
> color representing the road classification? This way, we would not loose
> information about the road classification.
>
> Pierre
>
>     ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>     *De :* Yohan Boniface <[hidden email]>
>     *À :* "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
>     *Envoyé le :* Jeudi 20 juin 2013 17h00
>     *Objet :* [HOT] HOT/HDM web rendering
>
>     Hi Hotties,
>
>     It's time to introduce the work being done on a humanitarian (HDM)
>     specific rendering.
>
>     TL;DR: http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728
>
>     The Humanitarian Data Model (HDM [1]) is the name of the HOT initiative
>     aiming to integrate humanitarian tagging scheme in OSM. As part of the
>     CAP103 project (Northern Haiti), we took the opportunity to refine it.
>     There are four components to this work:
>     - clean the HDM preset, ensure it is well integrated with OpenStreetMap
>     tagging habits [2]
>     - develop an extension of the HOT export tool which allows to transform
>     OSM tags into attributes values from reference existing schemas used by
>     humanitarian and development field workers
>     - work on a JOSM style to ease use of the preset [3]
>     - create a web rendering that highlight the HDM
>
>     I will now share with you the work in progress on the web rendering
>     step.
>
>     This web rendering has several goals:
>     One is simply to give editors a way to see the HDM OSM data without
>     having to use JOSM or a SQL console.
>     Another is to give humanitarian actors and developing countries a web
>     map that gives them the information they need, making OSM more and more
>     useful.
>     Finally, this is the occasion for HOT to have its own rendering, a nice
>     way to illustrate its work!
>
>     What does "highlight the HDM" means for a rendering? The main principle
>     is that each tag considered meaningful for the HDM should be rendered.
>     Here are some examples:
>     - road surface and smoothness are rendered (eg.
>     http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#15/18.6665/-72.3048
>     <http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#15/18.6665/-72.3048>where
>
>     a piece of the primary road is unpaved)
>     - water well are rendered (eg.
>     http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#19/19.67901/-72.12665, <http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#19/19.67901/-72.12665,>
>     icons work in progress ;) )
>     - street lamps are rendered (same link)
>     - The craft tags are rendered
>     (http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#19/19.67048/-72.12274)
>     - NGOs have their icons, for example:
>     http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#19/19.75957/-72.20532
>     Also:
>     - terrain data is included (will be colorized:
>     http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#11/19.5944/-72.1108)
>     - zoom until 20 is allowed: the goal is to enable mapping in very
>     detailed instances. For example, camps (fire hydrants are already
>     rendered:
>     http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#20/19.76066/-72.20188
>     <http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728#20/19.76066/-72.20188>)
>
>     You can use this link to compare the HDM styling with the official OSM
>     rendering: http://compare.fluv.io/
>
>     All the work is of course open source, hosted on Github [4] (note that
>     the name is temporary, any thoughts on what the name of the rendering
>     should eventually officially be is welcome -- HOT Style, perhaps?).
>     It's
>     a TileMill/CartoCSS project.
>     Regarding the icons, we are using the Maki [5] project when possible,
>     plus the OCHA humanitarians icons [6] and Noun Project icons with
>     compliant license (CC0). Otherwise we design them. In each case, we
>     follow the Maki design rules [7].
>
>     As you can see, the actual demo tile service is focused on Haiti. This
>     is for two reasons: firstly, this work is part of the HOT current
>     haitian project (CAP103); secondly, the cleaned HDM has been first
>     tested/used on the Haitian Northern corridor. We will add more
>     countries
>     ASAP.
>
>     Thanks in advance for your feedback on the work. The preferred way for
>     giving feedback is to open issues on the Github page, but emails and
>     IRC
>     (#hot) are also good. Regardless of the source, we'd love feedback  :)
>
>     Thanks!
>
>     Yohan, for the CAP103 team
>
>
>     [1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Tags
>     [2]
>     http://hot.openstreetmap.org/updates/2013-06-07_humanitarian_data_model_redux
>     [3] http://hot.openstreetmap.org/updates/hdmjosm
>     [4] https://github.com/hotosm/HDM-CartoCSS
>     [5] http://mapbox.com/maki/
>     [6] http://thenounproject.com/collections/ocha-humanitarian-icons/
>     [7] https://github.com/mapbox/maki/#notes-on-contributing
>
>     _______________________________________________
>     HOT mailing list
>     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
>
>

_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HOT/HDM web rendering

Andrew Buck
One additional thing you might use in differentiating paved vs unpaved is doing something like putting a dotted line down the middle of paved roads (like what they look like in reality), having kind of a grey patchy texture overlaid on the unpaved roads, to make them look bumpy, and then omitting both of these features for roads of unknown surface.

In this way the symbols are reminiscent of the real world concepts they represent and the map is more 'intuitive' leading to less reliance on the key and more understanding from people right from the first time they see it.

-AndrewBuck

_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HOT/HDM web rendering

Stéphane Henriod
I wanted to make the same proposal as Andrew. If the smoothness or the pavedness was rendered independently of the colour and independently of the width, with a different fill pattern, maybe this would be quite intuitive for the users (the more rugged the surface the more dense the pattern).

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers

S

--
"Le mot progrès n'aura aucun sens tant qu'il y aura des enfants malheureux" -- Albert Einstein

"A journey does not need reasons. Before long, it proves to be reason enough in itself. One thinks that one is going to make a journey, yet soon it is the journey that makes or unmakes you." -- Nicolas Bouvier

Photos de voyages, photos de montagne: http://www.henriod.info  


On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 10:48 PM, Andrew Buck <[hidden email]> wrote:
One additional thing you might use in differentiating paved vs unpaved is doing something like putting a dotted line down the middle of paved roads (like what they look like in reality), having kind of a grey patchy texture overlaid on the unpaved roads, to make them look bumpy, and then omitting both of these features for roads of unknown surface.

In this way the symbols are reminiscent of the real world concepts they represent and the map is more 'intuitive' leading to less reliance on the key and more understanding from people right from the first time they see it.

-AndrewBuck

_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot



_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HOT/HDM web rendering

Eric Sibert
In reply to this post by Yohan Boniface-2
Hi all,

 > It's time to introduce the work being done on a humanitarian (HDM)
 > specific rendering.
 >
 > TL;DR: http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hdm-first-draft_728

It is a pleasure to discover this work.

So, i decided to have a close look at the HDM. And also compare to the
MDM (my Madagascar Data Model :-p ) that I just updated:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/FR:WikiProject_Madagascar#.C3.89l.C3.A9ments_courants.2C_sp.C3.A9cifiques_ou_utiles_.C3.A0_Madagascar

I'm a little bit surprise by the large number of elements in the HDM. I
was expecting it to focus on specific aspects of humanitarian.
golf_course? motorcycle parking? pub, biergarten, brothel... More
generally, with JOSM presets, I don't understand the need to duplicate
objects that already exists in default presets.

Concerning the roads:
- for smoothness, you define it as other or under 40 km/h. It's not in
accordance with wiki which is talking about the kind of vehicle that may
use the road.
- but you also added practicability:*=. There was already attempts to
define smoothness or whatever for different type of vehicle. Maybe, we
have to try again.
In Madagascar, for path (or damaged road), they also use wheelbarrow to
carry goods. I don't know how to indicate it. practicability:wheelbarrow=?
- one can also conditional restrictions:
smoothness=horrible
smoothness:conditional=very_horrible @ Dec-Apr
i.e. 4wd from May to November and "charrette à zébu" from December to April.
- I'm also using seasonal=yes(/no) in conjunction with
access:conditional=no @ Dec-Apr for instance to indicate that the road
is seasonal and that it is usually closed from December to April. I
would appreciate to see at least the seasonal aspect on rendering (color
is already used for surface, shape for smoothness...).

For river crossing, I'm using two cases.
- if the road is usually flooded: ford=yes
- if the road is usually dry: flood_prone=yes
Indicating the surface is also important. After a cyclone, it should be
easier to cross a river if the corresponding part of the road is made of
concrete instead of ground.
It is interesting to see river crossing in render even more important
than bridges. By a quick look at the map, you may answer questions like:
how many rivers to cross?

Where is dispensary?
Also, in the "Proposed features/Healthcare 2.0", it is not easy to see
the limit between health_facility:type dispensary and health_centre.


Eric


_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HOT/HDM web rendering

Yohan Boniface-2
In reply to this post by Yohan Boniface-2
On 06/21/2013 08:51 PM, Yohan Boniface wrote:
> @Stéphane, David, Robert, about the legend needed: I totally agree on this!
> We already have an issue for this:
> https://github.com/hotosm/HDM-CartoCSS/issues/44
> I'm not sure how to handle this at the moment, but I'm sure that 1. we
> have to do it 2. it must be automatic, because it must always be up to
> date.
> I will try to take time on this ASAP, but if someone is faster than me,
> the task is open :)


Just a quick update on the legend part: I've found some time to work on
a prototype.
Here is the demo: http://hotosm.github.io/HDM-CartoCSS/
It's a Leaflet plugin that takes a descriptive JSON as input, and then
displays pieces of the map (like this we are sure it's always up to date).
For now the JSON has to be written by hand, I'm thinking about a way to
make this more dynamic but this is next step ;)
Here is a preview of the JSON:
https://github.com/hotosm/HDM-CartoCSS/blob/gh-pages/legend.js

By the way, the worldwide service is on its way. Actually, is set up and
working, but without the DEM. We are waiting for a new SSD server to
process this, which will likely be before next month.
But here you have some more countries (where I have added the DEM):
- Madagascar: http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hot-style-madagascar_800
- Togo: http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hot-style-togo_799
- Indonesia (without DEM):
http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hot-style-indonesia_850#10/-6.2682/106.8352
- Burkina Faso:
http://umap.openstreetmap.fr/en/map/hot-style-burkina-faso_931

Thanks for your feedback,

Yohan

_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HOT/HDM web rendering

Dan S
2013/7/14 Yohan Boniface <[hidden email]>:

> On 06/21/2013 08:51 PM, Yohan Boniface wrote:
>>
>> @Stéphane, David, Robert, about the legend needed: I totally agree on
>> this!
>> We already have an issue for this:
>> https://github.com/hotosm/HDM-CartoCSS/issues/44
>> I'm not sure how to handle this at the moment, but I'm sure that 1. we
>> have to do it 2. it must be automatic, because it must always be up to
>> date.
>> I will try to take time on this ASAP, but if someone is faster than me,
>> the task is open :)
>
> Just a quick update on the legend part: I've found some time to work on a
> prototype.
> Here is the demo: http://hotosm.github.io/HDM-CartoCSS/
> It's a Leaflet plugin that takes a descriptive JSON as input, and then
> displays pieces of the map (like this we are sure it's always up to date).
> For now the JSON has to be written by hand, I'm thinking about a way to make
> this more dynamic but this is next step ;)
> Here is a preview of the JSON:
> https://github.com/hotosm/HDM-CartoCSS/blob/gh-pages/legend.js
>
> By the way, the worldwide service is on its way. Actually, is set up and
> working, but without the DEM. We are waiting for a new SSD server to process
> this, which will likely be before next month.
> But here you have some more countries (where I have added the DEM):
> - Madagascar: http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hot-style-madagascar_800
> - Togo: http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hot-style-togo_799
> - Indonesia (without DEM):
> http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hot-style-indonesia_850#10/-6.2682/106.8352
> - Burkina Faso:
> http://umap.openstreetmap.fr/en/map/hot-style-burkina-faso_931
>
> Thanks for your feedback,
>
> Yohan

IMHO this is delightful :) I like the use of real excerpts, with
clickthrough, etc.

A couple of thoughts for feedback:
* It's not 100% obvious if each word in the key should be associated
with the image below it or above it. I'd suggest either put actual
boxes around, to ensure the visual grouping (or less intrusively just
change the spacing a bit, minimal space between word+image and a bit
more space between items), or make them side-by-side rather than
above-and-below.
* For the "way" excerpts, would it be possible to avoid selecting
regions that have other ways in? For example the river in the
highway=secondary is potentially confusing.

Best
Dan

_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HOT/HDM web rendering

Yohan Boniface-2


On 07/14/2013 09:56 PM, Dan S wrote:
> IMHO this is delightful:)  I like the use of real excerpts, with
> clickthrough, etc.
>

Cool :)

> A couple of thoughts for feedback:
> * It's not 100% obvious if each word in the key should be associated
> with the image below it or above it. I'd suggest either put actual
> boxes around, to ensure the visual grouping (or less intrusively just
> change the spacing a bit, minimal space between word+image and a bit
> more space between items), or make them side-by-side rather than
> above-and-below.

Yeah, I agree. I've already worked on this direction, but will do more
right now :)

> * For the "way" excerpts, would it be possible to avoid selecting
> regions that have other ways in? For example the river in the
> highway=secondary is potentially confusing.

Sure, every except is from a lng/lat point, so I just need to take
another :)
Will be more cautious in the future ;)

Y.

_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HOT/HDM web rendering

Eric Sibert
In reply to this post by Yohan Boniface-2
> Just a quick update on the legend part: I've found some time to work on
> a prototype.
> Here is the demo: http://hotosm.github.io/HDM-CartoCSS/

Nice !!!


> But here you have some more countries (where I have added the DEM):
> - Madagascar: http://umap.fluv.io/en/map/hot-style-madagascar_800

YES !!!!!!!

:-)

Eric

_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HOT/HDM web rendering

Yohan Boniface-2
In reply to this post by Dan S
What about this: http://hotosm.github.io/HDM-CartoCSS/ ?

On 07/14/2013 09:56 PM, Dan S wrote:
> * It's not 100% obvious if each word in the key should be associated
> with the image below it or above it. I'd suggest either put actual
> boxes around, to ensure the visual grouping (or less intrusively just
> change the spacing a bit, minimal space between word+image and a bit
> more space between items), or make them side-by-side rather than
> above-and-below.

_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HOT/HDM web rendering

Yohan Boniface-2
Oops, I've broken the click :/

On 07/14/2013 10:41 PM, Dan S wrote:
> Nice - still a little subtle on my screen but that's OK!

_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
12