HOT Tasking Manager update to 3.3.0

Felix Delattre-3
Hello list!

We are getting ready to deploy a new Tasking Manager release (3.3.0)
on tasks.hotosm.org

This time the release involves some additional work on the server
infrastructure, and clean up and migration of our database. For these
additional tasks, we will be needing about two hours. Therefore, the
HOT Tasking Manager won’t be online or usable from 7:30am-9:30am UTC,
tomorrow 30th of May 2019.

Please refrain from using the Tasking Manager during this period.

Looking forward to sharing a newer Tasking Manager with you tomorrow!

Best,
The Tasking Manager team

Re: HOT Tasking Manager update to 3.3.0

Felix Delattre-3
Hi again -

We are going to switch off the HOT Tasking Managers (https://tasks.hotosm.org and https://tasks.teachosm.org) in some minutes in order to apply the upgrade to version 3.3.0. This will take up to two hours.

Please apologize for any inconvenience. We hope you will like the new improvements afterwards.

Yours,
the Tasking Manager development team

On Wed, May 29, 2019, 18:02 Felix Delattre <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello list!

We are getting ready to deploy a new Tasking Manager release (3.3.0)
on tasks.hotosm.org

This time the release involves some additional work on the server
infrastructure, and clean up and migration of our database. For these
additional tasks, we will be needing about two hours. Therefore, the
HOT Tasking Manager won’t be online or usable from 7:30am-9:30am UTC,
tomorrow 30th of May 2019.

Please refrain from using the Tasking Manager during this period.

Looking forward to sharing a newer Tasking Manager with you tomorrow!

Best,
The Tasking Manager team

Re: HOT Tasking Manager update to 3.3.0

Felix Delattre-3
Good news!  Everything went well and the new version of the Tasking
Manager is live on https://tasks.hotosm.org

In the release notes you can read about the improvements:
https://github.com/hotosm/tasking-manager/releases/tag/v3.3.0

In addition we cleaned up some of the projects on the HOT Tasking Manager:

  - We deleted projects with erroneous geographic information. These
have not been used for mapping.
   - We transferred stale projects from "published" state to
"archived" for those who haven't been touched since 2017 and counted
less of 10% mapped.

Furthermore we conducted a relevant upgrade of the infrastructure
around the HOT Tasking Manager, in order to improve performance and
stability. We are running now on reproducible Cloudformation stacks
and upgraded the database version.

Keep on mapping! :)
Best regards,
The Tasking Manager development team

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 7:23 AM Felix Delattre
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi again -
>
> We are going to switch off the HOT Tasking Managers (https://tasks.hotosm.org and https://tasks.teachosm.org) in some minutes in order to apply the upgrade to version 3.3.0. This will take up to two hours.
>
> Please apologize for any inconvenience. We hope you will like the new improvements afterwards.
>
> Yours,
> the Tasking Manager development team
>
> On Wed, May 29, 2019, 18:02 Felix Delattre <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello list!
>>
>> We are getting ready to deploy a new Tasking Manager release (3.3.0)
>> on tasks.hotosm.org
>>
>> This time the release involves some additional work on the server
>> infrastructure, and clean up and migration of our database. For these
>> additional tasks, we will be needing about two hours. Therefore, the
>> HOT Tasking Manager won’t be online or usable from 7:30am-9:30am UTC,
>> tomorrow 30th of May 2019.
>>
>> Please refrain from using the Tasking Manager during this period.
>>
>> Looking forward to sharing a newer Tasking Manager with you tomorrow!
>>
>> Best,
>> The Tasking Manager team

Re: HOT Tasking Manager update to 3.3.0

Felix Delattre-3
We had some delay on getting it out. Please apologize for any
inconvenience you may have had. Now we are really back online:
https://tasks.hotosm.org

Have a nice day,
Felix

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 8:29 AM Felix Delattre
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good news!  Everything went well and the new version of the Tasking
> Manager is live on https://tasks.hotosm.org
>
> In the release notes you can read about the improvements:
> https://github.com/hotosm/tasking-manager/releases/tag/v3.3.0
>
> In addition we cleaned up some of the projects on the HOT Tasking Manager:
>
>   - We deleted projects with erroneous geographic information. These
> have not been used for mapping.
>    - We transferred stale projects from "published" state to
> "archived" for those who haven't been touched since 2017 and counted
> less of 10% mapped.
>
> Furthermore we conducted a relevant upgrade of the infrastructure
> around the HOT Tasking Manager, in order to improve performance and
> stability. We are running now on reproducible Cloudformation stacks
> and upgraded the database version.
>
> Keep on mapping! :)
> Best regards,
> The Tasking Manager development team
>
> On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 7:23 AM Felix Delattre
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi again -
> >
> > We are going to switch off the HOT Tasking Managers (https://tasks.hotosm.org and https://tasks.teachosm.org) in some minutes in order to apply the upgrade to version 3.3.0. This will take up to two hours.
> >
> > Please apologize for any inconvenience. We hope you will like the new improvements afterwards.
> >
> > Yours,
> > the Tasking Manager development team
> >
> > On Wed, May 29, 2019, 18:02 Felix Delattre <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello list!
> >>
> >> We are getting ready to deploy a new Tasking Manager release (3.3.0)
> >> on tasks.hotosm.org
> >>
> >> This time the release involves some additional work on the server
> >> infrastructure, and clean up and migration of our database. For these
> >> additional tasks, we will be needing about two hours. Therefore, the
> >> HOT Tasking Manager won’t be online or usable from 7:30am-9:30am UTC,
> >> tomorrow 30th of May 2019.
> >>
> >> Please refrain from using the Tasking Manager during this period.
> >>
> >> Looking forward to sharing a newer Tasking Manager with you tomorrow!
> >>
> >> Best,
> >> The Tasking Manager team

Re: HOT Tasking Manager update to 3.3.0

Humanitarian OpenStreetMap (HOT) mailing list
Nice work, TM team!

Pete

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good news!  Everything went well and the new version of the Tasking
> Manager is live on https://tasks.hotosm.org
>
> In the release notes you can read about the improvements:
> https://github.com/hotosm/tasking-manager/releases/tag/v3.3.0
>
> In addition we cleaned up some of the projects on the HOT Tasking Manager:
>
>   - We deleted projects with erroneous geographic information. These
> have not been used for mapping.
>    - We transferred stale projects from "published" state to
> "archived" for those who haven't been touched since 2017 and counted
> less of 10% mapped.
>
> Furthermore we conducted a relevant upgrade of the infrastructure
> around the HOT Tasking Manager, in order to improve performance and
> stability. We are running now on reproducible Cloudformation stacks
> and upgraded the database version.
>
> Keep on mapping! :)
> Best regards,
> The Tasking Manager development team
>
> On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 7:23 AM Felix Delattre
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi again -
> >
> > We are going to switch off the HOT Tasking Managers (https://tasks.hotosm.org and https://tasks.teachosm.org) in some minutes in order to apply the upgrade to version 3.3.0. This will take up to two hours.
> >
> > Please apologize for any inconvenience. We hope you will like the new improvements afterwards.
> >
> > Yours,
> > the Tasking Manager development team
> >
> > On Wed, May 29, 2019, 18:02 Felix Delattre <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello list!
> >>
> >> We are getting ready to deploy a new Tasking Manager release (3.3.0)
> >> on tasks.hotosm.org
> >>
> >> This time the release involves some additional work on the server
> >> infrastructure, and clean up and migration of our database. For these
> >> additional tasks, we will be needing about two hours. Therefore, the
> >> HOT Tasking Manager won’t be online or usable from 7:30am-9:30am UTC,
> >> tomorrow 30th of May 2019.
> >>
> >> Please refrain from using the Tasking Manager during this period.
> >>
> >> Looking forward to sharing a newer Tasking Manager with you tomorrow!
> >>
> >> Best,
> >> The Tasking Manager team

Re: HOT Tasking Manager update to 3.3.0

Steven Johnson-7
On behalf of the TeachOSM project I'm sending thanks to the TM team! We sincerely appreciate your ongoing support of the project.
Good job all around,

-- SEJ
-- twitter: @geomantic
-- skype: sejohnson8

Wretches, utter wretches, keep your hands from beans! - Empedocles, Fragments, 141.