Help! JOSM has taken over my computer screen

Help! JOSM has taken over my computer screen

Charlotte Wolter
Hello folks,

        I just began using JOSM, and, somewhere in the middle of doing edits, the Windows interface around the edges disappeared, and JOSM completely fills the screen. That means I can't switch back and forth between JOSN and Potlatch in my browser, which helps me located problems that I want to fix.
         Unfortunately, the JOSM Help section does not have an index (anyone want to take on that problem?), so I can't search for solutions.
        Any suggestions?

Best,

Charlotte

Charlotte Wolter
927 18th Street Suite A
Santa Monica, California
90403
+1-310-597-4040
[hidden email]
Skype: thetechlady

The Four Internet Freedoms
Freedom to know all the terms of a service, particularly any that would affect the first three freedoms.

Re: Help! JOSM has taken over my computer screen

masti
Have you tried pressing F11?

masti

On 12/02/2012 10:35 PM, Charlotte Wolter wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I just began using JOSM, and, somewhere in the middle of doing edits,
> the Windows interface around the edges disappeared, and JOSM completely
> fills the screen. That means I can't switch back and forth between JOSN
> and Potlatch in my browser, which helps me located problems that I want
> to fix.
> Unfortunately, the JOSM Help section does not have an index (anyone want
> to take on that problem?), so I can't search for solutions.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Best,
>
> Charlotte
>
> Charlotte Wolter
> 927 18th Street Suite A
> Santa Monica, California
> 90403
> +1-310-597-4040
> [hidden email]
> Skype: thetechlady
>
> *The Four Internet Freedoms*
> Freedom to visit any site on the Internet
> Freedom to access any content or service that is not illegal
> Freedom to attach any device that does not interfere with the network
> Freedom to know all the terms of a service, particularly any that would
> affect the first three freedoms.

Re: Help! JOSM has taken over my computer screen

Mike N.
On 12/2/2012 4:35 PM, Charlotte Wolter wrote:
> I just began using JOSM, and, somewhere in the middle of doing edits,
> the Windows interface around the edges disappeared, and JOSM completely
> fills the screen. That means I can't switch back and forth between JOSN
> and Potlatch in my browser, which helps me located problems that I want
> to fix.

  F11 toggles in and out of fullscreen mode (or View / Fullscreen view
from the menu will toggle)

Re: Help! JOSM has taken over my computer screen

David K

Does alt+space bring up the main window's control menu? Then you can restore (un-maximise) or minimize JOSM.  I would also be surprised if alt+tab no longer works for switching windows.

If you want to find the full-screen feature that's causing the problem and turn it off, I'd look in the menu, which should be accessible just by tapping alt if it's not already visible.  Open-source apps often fail to put every function in the menu, but JOSM seems not too bad about that.

On Dec 2, 2012 4:37 PM, "Charlotte Wolter" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Masti,

        Thanks for your help. Yes, I tried it, and all that happened was that it appeared briefly and disappeared again.
        Then I noticed that I had a warning scrren about possible misalignment of imagery. When I clicked on the "X" of that notice, the screen returned to normal.
        Now, why does a warning expand the screen so one can't get to Windows?

Charlotte