Help out with Software Testing

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Help out with Software Testing

Felix Delattre-3
Dear HOT community,

Besides the creation and usage of data, we are developing broadly used
Software and applications within HOT’s tech working group. Some well
known examples are the Tasking Manager and the Export Tool.

We need your help In order to improve our tools, by testing them
before we give them out to people and deploy them for everybody to be
used. We created a github group and a mailing list, where we ask you
to subscribe for supporting us. The mailing list will be of low-volume
(not more than two messages a month), and messages will be only sent
when there are clear instructions and we’ve set up everything for you
to be able to test easily.

Please subscribe to the mailing list and help us testing this week the
Tasking Manager version 3.3 before we’ll release it to the public.

Thank you for helping us to provide better products!
Felix

_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Help out with Software Testing

Felix Delattre-3
Excuse me, the links got lost, while pasting the email in.
For testing, please subscribe to the either of the following channels:

Mailing list: https://groups.google.com/a/hotosm.org/forum/#!forum/software-testing
Github group: https://github.com/orgs/hotosm/teams/software-testing

Best,
Felix

On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 9:42 AM Felix Delattre
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Dear HOT community,
>
> Besides the creation and usage of data, we are developing broadly used
> Software and applications within HOT’s tech working group. Some well
> known examples are the Tasking Manager and the Export Tool.
>
> We need your help In order to improve our tools, by testing them
> before we give them out to people and deploy them for everybody to be
> used. We created a github group and a mailing list, where we ask you
> to subscribe for supporting us. The mailing list will be of low-volume
> (not more than two messages a month), and messages will be only sent
> when there are clear instructions and we’ve set up everything for you
> to be able to test easily.
>
> Please subscribe to the mailing list and help us testing this week the
> Tasking Manager version 3.3 before we’ll release it to the public.
>
> Thank you for helping us to provide better products!
> Felix

_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Help out with Software Testing

Felix Delattre-3
It's me again.

In case you get a 404 - Not Found error when following the Github
group, it means you are not part of the HOTOSM organization on Github.
In this case please send me an email with your github nick name and
I'll invite you.
Anyway, through the email lists you'll get all invitations for testing, too.

Thanks,
Felix

On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 9:50 AM Felix Delattre
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Excuse me, the links got lost, while pasting the email in.
> For testing, please subscribe to the either of the following channels:
>
> Mailing list: https://groups.google.com/a/hotosm.org/forum/#!forum/software-testing
> Github group: https://github.com/orgs/hotosm/teams/software-testing
>
> Best,
> Felix
>
> On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 9:42 AM Felix Delattre
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Dear HOT community,
> >
> > Besides the creation and usage of data, we are developing broadly used
> > Software and applications within HOT’s tech working group. Some well
> > known examples are the Tasking Manager and the Export Tool.
> >
> > We need your help In order to improve our tools, by testing them
> > before we give them out to people and deploy them for everybody to be
> > used. We created a github group and a mailing list, where we ask you
> > to subscribe for supporting us. The mailing list will be of low-volume
> > (not more than two messages a month), and messages will be only sent
> > when there are clear instructions and we’ve set up everything for you
> > to be able to test easily.
> >
> > Please subscribe to the mailing list and help us testing this week the
> > Tasking Manager version 3.3 before we’ll release it to the public.
> >
> > Thank you for helping us to provide better products!
> > Felix

_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Help out with Software Testing

Felix Delattre-3
Hello again,

Some people were asking: You can join the Software Testing mailing
list without having a Gmail account by sending an email from any
address to [hidden email]

The Tasking Manager testing week is ongoing. You can find instructions
here on how to test the release candidate for the Tasking Manager
version 3.3.0 -
https://github.com/hotosm/tasking-manager/pull/1568#issuecomment-493914744
If there are no serious problems we will release and deploy early next
week. In case you find anything, it is even better, then you helped us
to release a better Software product.

Thanks a lot,
Felix



On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 10:18 AM Felix Delattre
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> It's me again.
>
> In case you get a 404 - Not Found error when following the Github
> group, it means you are not part of the HOTOSM organization on Github.
> In this case please send me an email with your github nick name and
> I'll invite you.
> Anyway, through the email lists you'll get all invitations for testing, too.
>
> Thanks,
> Felix
>
> On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 9:50 AM Felix Delattre
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Excuse me, the links got lost, while pasting the email in.
> > For testing, please subscribe to the either of the following channels:
> >
> > Mailing list: https://groups.google.com/a/hotosm.org/forum/#!forum/software-testing
> > Github group: https://github.com/orgs/hotosm/teams/software-testing
> >
> > Best,
> > Felix
> >
> > On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 9:42 AM Felix Delattre
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Dear HOT community,
> > >
> > > Besides the creation and usage of data, we are developing broadly used
> > > Software and applications within HOT’s tech working group. Some well
> > > known examples are the Tasking Manager and the Export Tool.
> > >
> > > We need your help In order to improve our tools, by testing them
> > > before we give them out to people and deploy them for everybody to be
> > > used. We created a github group and a mailing list, where we ask you
> > > to subscribe for supporting us. The mailing list will be of low-volume
> > > (not more than two messages a month), and messages will be only sent
> > > when there are clear instructions and we’ve set up everything for you
> > > to be able to test easily.
> > >
> > > Please subscribe to the mailing list and help us testing this week the
> > > Tasking Manager version 3.3 before we’ll release it to the public.
> > >
> > > Thank you for helping us to provide better products!
> > > Felix

_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot