History of an deleted object

EthnicFood IsGreat

If I run across an object in the Bing aerial photography that I suspect was mapped at one time in OSM, but does not exist now in OSM (probably because someone deleted it), how can I verify that it used to exist in the map?

Mark

Re: History of an deleted object

James-2
http://simon04.dev.openstreetmap.org/whodidit/

Can find change sets and object ids in a certain place, maybe that is the simplest way....without going into full history database parsing

On Jul 11, 2017 10:19 PM, "Mark Bradley" <[hidden email]> wrote:

If I run across an object in the Bing aerial photography that I suspect was mapped at one time in OSM, but does not exist now in OSM (probably because someone deleted it), how can I verify that it used to exist in the map?

Mark

Re: History of an deleted object

maning sambale
Or press "U" in Potlatch 1 *
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Change_rollback#Potlatch_1

* Which I call the greatest potlatch hack ever

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 7:53 AM, James <[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://simon04.dev.openstreetmap.org/whodidit/
>
> Can find change sets and object ids in a certain place, maybe that is the
> simplest way....without going into full history database parsing
>
> On Jul 11, 2017 10:19 PM, "Mark Bradley" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> If I run across an object in the Bing aerial photography that I suspect
>> was mapped at one time in OSM, but does not exist now in OSM (probably
>> because someone deleted it), how can I verify that it used to exist in the
>> map?
>>

>> Mark

cheers,
maning

Re: History of an deleted object

> On 12. Jul 2017, at 06:04, maning sambale <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Or press "U" in Potlatch 1 *
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Change_rollback#Potlatch_1

+1, you can also get deleted objects from the overpass api

cheers,

Re: History of an deleted object

Walter Nordmann
If you don't know the osm_id? Don't think so.

walter

On 12. Jul 2017, at 12:33, Walter Nordmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

If you don't know the osm_id? Don't think so.

knowing the id you don't need overpass api. If you don't know it, you can get old data from overpass api to get the id, here's some more explanation and example, with links: https://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/50707/locating-deleted-items

cheers,