How To load Google map and Bing map as Base map layers

How To load Google map and Bing map as Base map layers

Amit Shukla
Hello There,

I'm working on uDig, and I want to add Google map and Bing as base map layer. I tried using the add new layer but there is no option for Google and Bing map, I found  OSM map. I need a help to add Google and Bing  map in uDig. Is there any external plugin for this?

Thanks in Advance

Re: How To load Google map and Bing map as Base map layers

Jody Garnett-2
When we set up the tile server access, google was not willing to let non javascript applications use their base map data (as they would like to track customer use, and have the option to serve adds up later etc…).

I think they have changed their polices, and as long as we had a preference page where you could enter your google access number (required when using google maps in a corporate setting) it should be possible. I have met teams which have hooked up google maps, but the above reasons prevented them donating it back to the project :(

If you would like to check into google license terms, perhaps they now allow this use?
I am not sure about bing maps license use either.

--
Jody Garnett