How do I use openstreetmap?

Ehud Shabtai
Hi,

I just uploaded a gps track.

When I view the map I can't see the track, but when I choose edit map,
I can see all the points from my track.

How can I draw segments? Is there a smart draw which draws line
segments according to the gps points?

Thanks,

Ehud.

Re: How do I use openstreetmap?

Petter Reinholdtsen

[Ehud Shabtai]
> How can I draw segments? Is there a smart draw which draws line
> segments according to the gps points?

The only way to draw lines at the moment is to draw them manually by
first marking the segment edges as dots, and them drawing a line
between them.

We dream of some tool to automatically estimate the lines based on the
GPS points, but it is not working yet.

What part of the world are you drawing?  I'm mostly mapping Oslo
(lat=59.92 lon=10.85).

Re: Re: How do I use openstreetmap?

Ehud Shabtai
On 7/22/05, Petter Reinholdtsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The only way to draw lines at the moment is to draw them manually by
> first marking the segment edges as dots, and them drawing a line
> between them.

That's too bad.

> We dream of some tool to automatically estimate the lines based on the
> GPS points, but it is not working yet.

mapgeneration already has something which does exactly that, but I'm
not sure how it can be integrated.
Has openstreetmap started working on a solution of its own?

> What part of the world are you drawing?  I'm mostly mapping Oslo
> (lat=59.92 lon=10.85).

I'm mapping Tel Aviv, Israel (lat=32 lon=34). But I think I'll wait
for some automated tool to create roads (or make one by myself).

Ehud.

Re: Re: How do I use openstreetmap?

Lars Aronsson
Ehud Shabtai wrote:

> I'm mapping Tel Aviv, Israel (lat=32 lon=34). But I think I'll wait
> for some automated tool to create roads (or make one by myself).

Or you could just continue to upload track logs and hope that
someone else will draw the map for you,
http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit/viewMap.jsp?lat=32.09&lon=34.78&scale=1E-4

--
  Lars Aronsson ([hidden email])