How to create maps for Garmin GPS

Tom Taylor-2
A friend is travelling to Jordan shortly. How can I create maps from OSM
that he can install in his Garmin GPS?

Tom Taylor

Re: How to create maps for Garmin GPS

Iván Sánchez Ortega
On Martes, 9 de abril de 2013 14:45:34 Tom Taylor escribió:
> A friend is travelling to Jordan shortly. How can I create maps from OSM
> that he can install in his Garmin GPS?

You should check out:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin

and

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/Download

--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]>

Re: How to create maps for Garmin GPS

Craig Wallace
On 2013-04-09 13:45, Tom Taylor wrote:
> A friend is travelling to Jordan shortly. How can I create maps from OSM
> that he can install in his Garmin GPS?
>
> Tom Taylor

Probably the easiest option is to use this website:
http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/
Pick the country from the dropdown list, or select the tiles on the map,
then enter your email address. Then you will be sent a link to download
the map.
Download the file named osm_generic_gmapsupp.zip.

Depends on what GPS device your friend using, but you probably just have
to unzip it, then copy the gmapsupp.img file onto a folder named
"Garmin", either on a memory card or the internal memory.

Craig

Re: How to create maps for Garmin GPS

Tom Taylor-2
Thanks.

On 09/04/2013 8:53 AM, Iván Sánchez Ortega wrote:

> On Martes, 9 de abril de 2013 14:45:34 Tom Taylor escribió:
>> A friend is travelling to Jordan shortly. How can I create maps from OSM
>> that he can install in his Garmin GPS?
>
> You should check out:
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin
>
> and
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/Download

Re: How to create maps for Garmin GPS

Tom Taylor-2
That was easy! I see that is the "lambertus" source shown on