How to create multipolygon (Am i missing something here?)

How to create multipolygon (Am i missing something here?)

poultee
Hello,
I am trying to create a multipolygon  in a layer which is supposed to
contain multipolygon features ( used layer ->  create) but i can't seem to
group the polygons into multypolygon features.So what are the steps
necessary to create a (real) multipolygon?

Re: How to create multipolygon (Am i missing something here?)

Andrea Antonello
Hi, this is an interesting question.

I am not used to create multipolygons so I had to face this for the first time.

It looks that in uDig you are not able to create multipolygons (or at
least i do not know how).

I would guess that the only way to do so is by using the Axios tools
tomake a union of two polygons, hence they would result in a
multipolygon. Can someone of the Axios guys confirm/correct that?

Andrea

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 9:31 PM, SamuelStar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am trying to create a multipolygon  in a layer which is supposed to
> contain multipolygon features ( used layer ->  create) but i can't seem to
> group the polygons into multypolygon features.So what are the steps
> necessary to create a (real) multipolygon?

Re: How to create multipolygon (Am i missing something here?)

Mauricio Pazos-2
On Sunday, July 03, 2011 09:29:37 AM andrea antonello wrote:
> I would guess that the only way to do so is by using the Axios tools
> tomake a union of two polygons, hence they would result in a
> multipolygon. Can someone of the Axios guys confirm/correct that?
>
> Andrea
You are right Andrea, to create a multipolygon you can use the "Merge Tool"

http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/EN/Merge+Tool

cheers
--
Mauricio Pazos