How to enter covered bridges (ID)

Ari Simmons
I am a bit lost how to enter a bridge=covered [1].

The by the wiki, should I enter it as a node (it looks like neither nodes or areas are recommended). How do I add it as a relation to the road?

1: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:bridge%3Dcovered

Re: How to enter covered bridges (ID)

Clifford Snow
Hi Ari,

On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 4:58 PM, Ari Simmons <[hidden email]> wrote:
The by the wiki, should I enter it as a node (it looks like neither nodes or areas are recommended). How do I add it as a relation to the road?

1: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:bridge%3Dcovered

Covered bridges should be applied to ways. For use with a road, add the tag bridge=covered along with the appropriate layer= tag.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle
OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch

Re: How to enter covered bridges (ID)

Nev Wedding
You will need to split the roadway at the start end of bridge section and apply the tags to the short way defining the length of the bridge and not on an individual node.